"Failed to schedule Software Protection service for restart", Error Code: 0x80070002

Reaction score
I have deleted \Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform scheduled task. I deleted this Scheduled Task as it was consuming a high CPU. post that I see these errors in event way to many times. "Failed to schedule Software Protection service for restart", Error Code: 0x80070002 in the event log.

Any way to remove this?

Reaction score
I'm going to have to ask an unpleasant question: Is your copy of Windows genuine?

AFAIK there are really only two causes of sppsvc.exe using a lot of CPU cycles; one is malware (so a good malware scan would be a good idea) and the other is a non genuine copy of Windows or one activated with a non-genuine key.

Reaction score
You are seeing the errors AFTER removing the task?
Are you not able to reschedule it? It is an essential element of Windows.

Reaction score
es..I am seeing it after removing this service. my copy is genuine. it is not affected by malware as I have scanned it well. it is not activated now, because i have disabled the service. i have limited RAM on the box and i cannot afford this service eating to much of memory and COU

Ask a Question