SOLVED NFS Client error: "Failed to connect to NFS WMI provider"??

Reaction score
I'm having problems with NFS sharing. I'm running haneWIN NFS Server on my Win 10 64 Pro box, which I use as a media server. In trying to troubleshoot these issues, I'm trying very basic commands on my other main Win 10 64 Pro machine using Microsoft's built in NFS client (which until a few days ago was working fine). Here an example using the standard cmd shell (not PowerShell):

CMD> nfsadmin client \\192.168.10.104\
Reply: Failed to connect to NFS WMI provider

Can anyone help me understand that? Or perhaps a fix?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I use samba and smb. but I would check all the connections, ensure the ip has not changed, and try pinging it.

Reaction score
Thanks! It did turn out that there was an IP address conflict, but how that happened remains a mystery, because I've always set my router to use only fixed IP to MAC assignments. The weird thing was, that correct, fixed IP assignment was absolutely correct, but for some curious reason, the router appeared to duplicate the target MAC address but with a different IP!

Anyway, I've got it sorted out now. Thanks!

Ask a Question