NFS Share Causing Machine Lock-Up?

Reaction score
I have a user at the company I work for whose computer freezes-up about twice a week. He says that when it happens, he can't even get cntrl+alt+delete to work; he ends up just having to manually reboot the machine.

Usually when it happens, he's trying to access files on an NFS share via explorer.exe. I think he said it's happened once or twice while he was in outlook.exe, but usually it's when he's clicking through the subdirectories in that NFS share.

I've never witnessed the issue in real time, as he is a remote user. I looked at the Event viewer logs and saw that right before his machine froze the last two times, there were "virtual disk stopped" messages.

Any idea what I can try to do to prevent this from continuing to happen? Is there some NFS configuration on the client side that can be altered or something to remediate this issue? Other users access this same share and don't experience this issue, so I'm thinking that the issue is on his specific machine, but I very well could be wrong.

He's on an HP Z4 G4 workstation, running Windows 10 (64 bit , build 18363) 16GB RAM, running Bitdefender.

Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks in-advance.

Ask a Question