Is there a better free email client

Reaction score
hi i have thunderbirdand its getting a bit boring need to update to a better email system. i used to have incredmail but not sure if it still here. is there a better 1

Reaction score
Yes, IncrediMail has announced, a few months ago, there would be no progression of the program. I think part of the issue is a lot of folks are using online/Webmail. Might give a look at eM Client, both free and not.
Besides Thunderbird there is Mozilla's SeaMonkey browser, includes an E-Mail setup.

Reaction score
EMClient, only supports, I seem to remember, only two accounts - not a problem for most.

Members of my family use Hiri. It is supposedly no longer supported. This merely means that you cannot get help from there page, I presume . Don't be put off by the wording that it is not free. The install program sets up a free program, which lasts a lifetime - no catches. It imports, with ease, all your contacts etc., and even has a calendar.
I have used it myself for a while. Not sure what extras the paid for version offers??

Reaction score
EMClient, only supports, I seem to remember, only two accounts - not a problem for most.

Members of my family use Hiri. It is supposedly no longer supported. This merely means that you cannot get help from there page, I presume . Don't be put off by the wording that it is not free. The install program sets up a free program, which lasts a lifetime - no catches. It imports, with ease, all your contacts etc., and even has a calendar.
I have used it myself for a while. Not sure what extras the paid for version offers??

The Paid version does allow more accounts.

Reaction score
You can still download Incredimail. Go to http://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/incredimail_2.html to download it. You have to be very careful with some sites because you'll end up with junk programs or spyware and whatever. Major Geeks is a good place to download it. I purchased a lifetime license for Incredimail years ago. I still use it and it works fine with Windows 10. Save the flies some place so you'll have them in case you need to set it up again.

Reaction score
I have been using Mail.com , a free web based email provider for years. At least 20. They allow you to have several separate accounts e.g. personal and business.

T_J

Reaction score
I've used Windows 10 mail app for a long time. I have my 3 email addresses added to the mail app (yahoo email, gmail, & ISP email). Mail app works fine for me, is free, and Microsoft should keep it secure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have been using Mail.com , a free web based email provider for years. At least 20. They allow you to have several separate accounts e.g. personal and business. (this from wildbill2u up above)

I too have been using Mail.com for as many years too. Have always found them to be very good and helpful with anything.

Reaction score
I thought the OP wanted a client. I can recommend emClient as the best free one as long as you only have 2 accounts.

Alan

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
i used to have incredmail but not sure if it still here
That was a great piece of software....IMO. Sadly, Incredimail has closed it doors and turned the servers off.

That said, for an email client, my vote goes for eM Client as well. I've been toying with purchasing it too as I did with Incredimail. I'm currently using the Windows 10 Mail app which does a pretty darn good job. It's simple easy to run and easy to setup.

Reaction score
Em client is free, if you only need two accounts. I have toyed with it over the years and found it an excellent substitute for Outlook.
It sets up all your Outlook settings, by import, at an incredible speed.
As I said in an earlier post, Hiri is also excellent, but no longer supported.
Two snips of Em client I reduced them too much, but the first offers a fre licence, and the second the offer to buy Pro or continue free.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 151
Reaction score
Hi.
Anyone have any comments about "mailbird"?

To get all its functionality it is not free.

I have tried it recently. Works fine obviously has been forked from Thunderbird at some past point. It is really good at importing Thunderbirds data, all of it. We currently use Thunderbird but we might transition to Mailbird. I am not totally struck on its UI but it works.

I have the Office 365 Outlook on one machine. I have used that in the past but behind an Exchange server. I don't like it in a home environment too full of stuff that you'd want at work but would never use at home...as you are very unlikely to have an Exchange server somewhere!

Ask a Question