Deleting Unwanted Aps And Install Better Text Type And Colours

Reaction score
how can i delete aps i don't want ;
cortana ( what is the ponit ? ), windows edge (i use firefox ) , most of the stuff in the action centre (pointless ), contact support ( as it doesn't work ) , and many more ( unused )

how can i get better text fonts and more colours too ?

cant stand windows 10 as since down grading to this alot of my stuff no longer works properly , everytime i connect my portable external drive , the computer needs to restart , brilliant use of time .
windows chucks on too much crap i didnt ask for or want .
sorry but windows 10 is aweful intrusive rubbish .

Reaction score
You can kill Cortana. You can't uninstall edge but if you don't use it then just set Firefox as the default. Most of the stuff that is tiles you can uninstall from the tile or just 'unpin from start'

easy to get more/better fonts. go to the font control panel and work from there.

more colours? I don't know, must be a way if your monitor supports a high colour depth.

As for your external drive...tell us more about it.

What does this mean "cant stand windows 10 as since down grading to this alot of my stuff no longer works properly " Have you downgraded back to 7 or 8 ?

Reaction score
Many people consider Windows 10 a downgrade from Windows 7, as it is perceived as less reliable, as many of the programs they were running don't function under Win 10. The also consider it a downgrade as they are no longer allowed to control how the machine updates or when or what. And many intrusive programs have been added (Telemetry, Cortana, and Edge are considered Malware or unusable). Seeing ads in their start menu when they don't allow ads in their web browsing experience causes many to consider the OS as malware.

Also the many people tricked/forced into upgrading, don't consider it an upgrade.

Reporting what programs are loaded and run to Microsoft constantly, is considered malicious by many.

Reaction score
Many people consider Windows 10 a downgrade from Windows 7, as it is perceived as less reliable, as many of the programs they were running don't function under Win 10. The also consider it a downgrade as they are no longer allowed to control how the machine updates or when or what. And many intrusive programs have been added (Telemetry, Cortana, and Edge are considered Malware or unusable). Seeing ads in their start menu when they don't allow ads in their web browsing experience causes many to consider the OS as malware.

Also the many people tricked/forced into upgrading, don't consider it an upgrade.

Reporting what programs are loaded and run to Microsoft constantly, is considered malicious by many.
I agree. Big Brother, Kremlin etc. come to mind.

Reaction score
To be contrarian. One can turn off Cortana** and most of the telemetry...I do. I don't use Edge. I turn off/uninstall all the silly tiles that I can as soon as they appear. I admit to having found a couple of useful apps in the Store. I don't mind being 'forced' into the updates as they invariably just work for me.
I don't use any AV apart from Defender and Malwarebytes. I certainly don't use any Microsoft email products at home ( I used Outlook with an Exchange server before I retired...that worked well but of course it wasn't W10)

*It never occurs to me to speak to my devices... I don't use 'OK Google' on my phone nor Siri on my Ipad either, and my main machine has no microphone.

I have tested Cortana on my Insider machine which has a microphone and it does seem to work ok tho'.

Reaction score
Cortana is a pain in the axx, It's worse than GPS Susan, I have Cortana turned off, when the dog barked it would say unable to locate Lassie.
BTW I use my Win 7 Laptop on a daily basis. I just turn the Win 10 machines on for updates only.

Reaction score
Cortana is a pain in the axx, It's worse than GPS Susan, I have Cortana turned off, when the dog barked it would say unable to locate Lassie.
BTW I use my Win 7 Laptop on a daily basis. I just turn the Win 10 machines on for updates only.

Your Dog can say 'Hey Cortana' ? You could make money out of that!

Ask a Question