SOLVED How make favourites "Save In" drop down box show folders and subfolders better

Reaction score
Can any one help me. When I click the favourites star to save a web page link into a favourites folder, the drop down box comes up. This is cool. However it is hard to distinguish in the drop down box tree the difference between folders and sub folders. In the Internet Explorer favourites drop down box to save a web page it was so clear what was a folder, and what was a sub folder. But this new Edge drop down tree is bad. Can any help me to know how to make the drop down tree so that I can see what's a folder and what's a sub folder more clearly. Cheers.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi acerguy,

I'm a little confused by your thread here.

With the Anniversary Update Microsoft Edge finally had native support for Favorites being displayed in tree format.

Yes, its a little different from IE 11 because when you click the Start while it displays folder names there are no folder icons per se.

The tree works in a hierarchical style though so the list of names hard left side are Main folders, then if the main folder has a sub folder these are tabbed in one tab space to the right. If the sub folders contain additional sub folders these are tabbed in two tab spaces and so on. For example:

TV Shows
Sesame Street (This is a subfolder of TV Shows)
Simpsons (This too is a subfolder of TV Shows)
Simspons Season 5 (This is a subfolder of the Simpsons folder)​
Star Trek (This is a subfolder of TV Shows)​
Computer Forums
Windows10Forums (A subfolder of Computer Forums)

Etcetera . . .

I suspect you just need to get used to the new layout.

If on the other hand you click the three dots at top right and view favorites you'll see actual folders also tabbed but with the V and > style, for example:

V TV Shows
> Sesame Street (This is a subfolder of TV Shows)
> Simpsons (This too is a subfolder of TV Shows)
> Simspons Season 5 (This is a subfolder of the Simpsons folder)​
> Star Trek (This is a subfolder of TV Shows)​
V Computer Forums
> Windows10Forums (A subfolder of Computer Forums)​

They will all have folder icons to left of name too.

Reaction score
Omg, thanks so much Regedit. This is sooo helpful. Out of all the guys on any Forum you are the best Moderator ever. You have a way of putting it all so profound, yet so simple to understand. Thanks a million. Cheers, and Take care.

Ask a Question