SOLVED Fax via network attached print/scan/fax printer

Reaction score
In Windows XP, when I print a doc from my PDF viewer, I can select my network attached printer's FAX machine and send a fax. In Windows 10, when I print I have a print destination of 'Fax' which puts me into the Windows 10 Fax code which tells me that I don't have a fax machine set up and then we go downhill into total irrelevancy. How do I get my multi-function printer's fax capabilities to be recognized by the 'print' function? Please see the attached screen shots...

Attachments

• Windows XP Print page.pdf
    136.5 KB · Views: 539
  • Windows 10 Print page.pdf
    154.2 KB · Views: 648
Reaction score
in this case i see the driver do not provide it

try to find the driver for your device for Windows 10

Reaction score
I got the answer on the HP windows 10 fax forum:

You will need to select the print queue named as ' Fax - HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910' and not the operating system Fax driver.

If a such does not exists, download, extract and install the Universal Fax Driver below by following the Setup.exe:

Once the installation completes select the Send Fax by HP shortcut (under Start > All Apps > HP)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL60873/lj-146585-1/HPUFDDriver.zip

Locate your printer and check the bottom checkbox to add a print queue for your printer's fax, then select it once printing.

The problem arose because the HP drivers are lacking whatever code is needed to play nice with Windows 10, and rather than updating drivers for older products they issued a generic workaround. Unfortunately they didn't advertise this one well...

Al

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the update.
Much appreciated.
Glad to hear that you manage to find your answer.

Ask a Question