Feedback noise through home theater subwoofers while gaming on pc

Reaction score
I've got my pc in the same room with my home theater system that consists of 2 Klipsch THX ultra II subwoofers that have their own external 1000 watt amplifier.
My pc is connected to my yamaha reciever through toslink for music listening (onboard audio from motherboard).

When I start up a game (evga 980ti kingpin watercooled) I'm getting a very loud feedback type noise through both my klipsch subwoofers, the frequency changes with mouse movements etc.
Interestingly enough I also have a klipsch promedia 2.1 sound system connected to my pc but I never get the feedback through its satellite speakers or its subwoofer.

I have all components connected to surge protectors & even had an electrician install a couple 4 gang electrical outlets so I would have enough outlets. I don't have a ups, my power supply is EVGA 1300g2.

Anybody have any suggestions or know what could be causing this annoying noise. I can even hear it when I'm using a headset its so loud.

Reaction score
I can even hear it when I'm using a headset its so loud.
Hi sdmf74,

does your headset also have a microphone?, if it does, turn the mic down to about 40% level and test that!. This problem is common with laptops but may apply to you in this case?. :)

Reaction score
Yeah it's a sennheiser g4me zero. I've tried rotating it to the off position & tried lowering the volume, muting it etc. It doesnt seem to be the culprit

Reaction score
Are the speakers and sound system near or next to your computer?, if they are, try moving them away as much as you and keep them away from other electrical appliances!. It might be magnetic interference causing the problem?. :cool:

Reaction score
Are the speakers and sound system near or next to your computer?, if they are, try moving them away as much as you and keep them away from other electrical appliances!. It might be magnetic interference causing the problem?. :cool:
Yeah like I said they are in the same room, I had outlets installed & tried to seperate them as much as possible but they are along the same wall. PC is about 12 feet from reciever, sub amp etc. I have been wondering if the 12" THX ultraII subs are more susceptable because they have very large magnets. My klipsch sub that belongs to my PC speaker system is actually right next to my pc but it doesnt suffer the same interference.

Reaction score
I have been wondering if the 12" THX ultraII subs are more susceptable because they have very large magnets.
Might well be, magnets can cause all sorts of nonsense!. That is why I asked!. :) :) :)

Reaction score
Try turning the sound settings in games down as low as possible and slowly increase the volume, see how that affects the sound problem. ;)

Ask a Question