New Release 14316 - Insider Hub and Feedback Hub do not work

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't believe that those are two separate and distinct apps any longer.....
Microsoft has merged the Insider Hub and Windows Feedback app in the latest internal builds of Windows 10 Redstone, creating one central hub for Insider announcements, feedback and statistics. The new app is simply titled “Feedback Hub” and includes all features known from the Insider Hub and Feedback apps currently.
At least not in my installation they are not.
Was your installation an upgrade or a clean install?
I tested the feedback hub as well as the Alarms and Clocks App on my install and they seem to be working fine.
Have you tried the troubleshooter
http://aka.ms/diag_apps10
To see if that might sort out the problem.
Additionally you may want to test with another user account to see if the problem is unique to your profile.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The install was clean. I have not been able to use the "new" Feedback program selected from the
program drop-down list found in the start area.

Not sure what the problem is.

And the Alarms and Clock program has not worked for this release but worked in the prior one.

Sincerely,

SlashNBash

Reaction score
The troubleshooter does not seem to end. I have been running it for several minutes now.
The troubleshooter ended normally finally.

No change on the use of the Alarms and Clock program.
It will not even open properly now.

The Feedback program is cycling (roller coaster dot presentation) and does not open either.

I do not have any alternate user account.

Sincerely,

SlashNBash

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK...... it seems to be a crapshoot when you upgrade sometimes.
I myself had some niggling problems with the People app as well as the Calendar. I wiped the drive and performed a clean install from an ISO and everything worked perfectly again.
This was on my physical machine.
An upgrade that I performed more or less identically on a Hyper-V VM worked flawlessly and I have no idea or explanation as to why one had problems and the other didn't, but.....
The one thing I seemed to have noticed is that these issues seem always to impact Universal Apps. All the native / normal Win32 apps, like Paint, Wordpad, Notepad, IE, etc., etc. seem to be fine.

Reaction score
Just tried all functions of clock and alarm on the laptop . Everything works. 14316 seems good enough that I might start using it for 'production'

Reaction score
Glad that some system 10 CPU's do well with this release. This is the first
release that has had these particular issues.

Sincerely,

BashNSlash

Reaction score
Machine is a Lenovo U310 Touch Ideapad. 1.8Ghz I5, 4GB memory, internal GPU and a newly fitted 256GB SSD replacing the spinner it came with. Been an insider machine for a year + connected ethernet.
Only 3rd party programs are Office 2016,Chrome,Firefox and Malwarebytes.

Ask a Question