Windows Feedback App

Reaction score
Here is a copy of a post I just made on the Windows Feedback app in PC Build 10130.
Quote;
"It appears to me that we, the people that keep Microsoft alive, are simply being treated as mere Guinea Pigs. The problems being reported in the Windows Feedback app are growing and duplicating and we have no way of knowing if a sensible suggestion or problem report by us is being taken into consideration by your developers. We must be given a way within the Feedback app to reply to each others feedback, especially if the poster's issue is a simple one that we ourselves have found a solution or a workaround for".
So I guess this little bit of feedback on my humble part will be screwed up and tossed in the trash by the Xpurts (I do really know how to spell it but I'm not sure it's pertinent to the current builders of Windows 10).

Reaction score
I also am a bit disappointed in the paucity of updates and problem fixes that were supposed to be flighted out rapid fire as we got nearer the release date. Given the enormous numbers of feedback items posted I'm not surprised that Microsoft cannot, or at least elects not to respond to each one. I've just got to trust Microsoft on this one and I'm guessing that there is at least one or more of the crew watching and reviewing feedback posts and insuring they get to the right coder's desk. I would be a really happy camper if each issue I've encountered and reported were fixed in the next day's updates but of course I know that is not going to happen. I know that I'm just a small cog in a really large wheel and I can live with that. I'm really beginning to wonder if Microsoft will be ready to release a problem free Windows 10 on the 29th given all the issues I'm experiencing.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Here is a copy of a post I just made on the Windows Feedback app in PC Build 10130.
Patience young Jedi..... there's a new build mere days away and if it is as good as Build 10147 then your patience will be rewarded.
The Feedback App was never intended as a two way street, but there is a pretty decent Insider Program Forum where you can often exchange information regarding problems, or just vent, if that's your thing.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp?tab=Threads

Reaction score
Has 10147 ever been released to the fast ring? It has never appeared in my updates and I haven't tried the leaked copy.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Has 10147 ever been released to the fast ring?
Nope.... both fast and slow ring are currently setting on 10130.
But I played with 10147 for a week or so and found that is was damn near perfect.

Reaction score
Just posted this elsewhere, but fits nicely into this thread:

IMHO. The feedback already given - it runs into many thousands, covers all aspects of the forthcoming system. At this point, it would be futile to even go to the trouble of submitting it.
IMHO, they had , at the beginning, to find a buffer for the complaints. Gabe was chosen. I get a powerful impression that he is being fed, albeit at a higher level, in the same manner that we are, ie.. he knows little over what is passed on to him. This could explain the constant distortion in updated news and backtracks to correct wrong news.
It is now, superfluous, to consider builds as progress. That has already been accomplished in the RTM, which is , as we speak, being "debugged".
Any builds now , delivered to we peasants, will only be sops to keep us happy, and will have no bearing on the final product.
Just my opinion.

Ask a Question