File manager bug?

Reaction score
I've been having an issue with the file manager and I think is a bug. I was always able to move files between directories by dragging and dropping while holding the Shift key down. Now, when I do that, it doesn't move it, it just copies it, but when I try to delete the source file it gives me an error that it can not find the file. In other words, the file was moved but the file manager still shows it in the source folder, even if I close the folder and re-open it. If I shut the computer off and re start again, the file is no longer there. To make things more interesting, it doesn't happens all the time, and it works fine if I select CUT then PASTE. Something to do with persistence perhaps?

Reaction score
Does it work if you right-click [without using Shift] and drag to a different Folder, choose either Copy or Move? I've not used Shift except when Selecting a group of files.

Reaction score
Does it work if you right-click [without using Shift] and drag to a different Folder, choose either Copy or Move? I've not used Shift except when Selecting a group of files.

I tried it today and it does work, but so, unfortunately, (or fortunately for me) is the method I started this topic. So the answer today is inconclusive. Like I mentioned before, it doesn't do it all the time.

Reaction score
Why do you find it inconclusive?
Bighorn's suggestion is the default and standard method, through all of the OSs

Ask a Question