Film & TV app has no sound?

Reaction score
Hi

I've tried getting this issue resolved with Microsofts technical support - but they appear to be clueless!

The default Windows 10 media app ('Film & TV') plays back my video files without any sound.....When I open the same videos with Quicktime or even the old Windows Media Player they play with sound absolutely fine.

I'd rather use the default app, so does anyone know how to resolve this for me?

Many thanks in advance....

Reaction score
I too find this happening to me. It's been 10 days since the OP asked for help, is none forthcoming?

Reaction score
I have the same problem: The default Windows 10 media app ('Film & TV') plays back my video files without any sound.....When I open the same videos with the old Windows Media Player they play with sound absolutely fine.

I'd rather use the default app, can anyone resolve this for us?

Reaction score
Yes same problem here. The speakers work fine and "Troubleshoot sound problems" finds nothing awry.

Reaction score
Huh! Seems the sound in that app was muted. It doesn't unmute when you increase the volume. You actually have to left click the speaker icon, and then left click the speaker icon inside the little popup itself! Problem solved.

Reaction score
Hi

I've tried getting this issue resolved with Microsofts technical support - but they appear to be clueless!

The default Windows 10 media app ('Film & TV') plays back my video files without any sound.....When I open the same videos with Quicktime or even the old Windows Media Player they play with sound absolutely fine.

I'd rather use the default app, so does anyone know how to resolve this for me?

Many thanks in advance....

Click the mute button in the application one or two times and sound is back again and stays "up" automatic after you've done this in other movies you start. Problem solved.

Reaction score
I too find this happening to me. It's been 10 days since the OP asked for help, is none forthcoming?

Click the mute button in the application one or two times and sound is back again and stays "up" automatic after you've done this in other movies you start. Problem solved.

Reaction score
I have the same problem: The default Windows 10 media app ('Film & TV') plays back my video files without any sound.....When I open the same videos with the old Windows Media Player they play with sound absolutely fine.

I'd rather use the default app, can anyone resolve this for us?
Are you guys sure you didn't mute the sound inside the app? (configured in the bottom left of the screen when the app is opened)

Ask a Question