Finally Had To Do A Clean Install

Reaction score
Started slowly with a blue screen here and there and steadily got worse and worse until last night and this morning it was just a continuous string of blue screens and reboots. Odd thing was the blue screens were for different problems and not just one problem that could be fixed. The blue screens usually went away before I could copy the complete error but here are some of the things I was seeing: kernal fault, page fault non paged area, critical structure corruption, win32kfull.sys, IRQL not less or equal, 0xc000021a, DPC watchdog violation, fltmgr, fbwf, werfault.exe, the exception illegal instruction, an attempt was made to execute and illegal instruction, (0xc000001d) occurred in the application at location 0x00007ffa, dxgkrnl, critical process died, bad pool caller and a few others. These were all blue screens that came up at different times during boots and reboots. Auto repair would sometimes try to start and then fail. I tried a repair from the build 10130 .iso disk and it worked for a couple of minutes until errors started returning. Finally pulled the SSD, put it in another computer and formatted it. Returned it to this machine and did a new install of build 10130 and so far it is running error free.

Reaction score
I'm going to try a repair on the install I posted about in the support forum. Nothing is working well after my infection and mbam scans. Can't enter a location in the weather app, windows open briefly then close as an example. Lots of freezing and error messages when trying to shut down.

I'm not confident a repair will do any good but I'll try that first before clean install. My latest ISO is 10122 I think.

With less than a month and a half to go, MS has some work to do even though my problem was self inflicted.
Glad you're back on track.

Reaction score
Booted up this morning to a notice to activate Windows. It was activated last night when I shut it down so I have no idea how it "unactivated" itself. I mentioned to my son yesterday afternoon that the clean install was operating normally and a little later I got a half dozen or so blue screens and reboots and then the system came to life and has been OK. I wonder what happened to the rapid fire updates Microsoft was supposed to be posting. I've had a few security updates but nothing appears to be fixing all of the glitches and bugs that are plaguing build 10130. I'm seriously beginning to doubt that Microsoft can get Windows 10 ready for release on the 29th. My setup is operating OK at the moment but does have some issues with the update function, sound, task bar and other things that will not be acceptable in a public release.

Reaction score
Most of the time, blue screens are hardware or driver issues. Have you viewed the mini dump to see what exactly is triggering the blue screens? I haven't had any on the 4 PC's I've run the preview on. I've had some nagging little annoyances, but no real issues.

Ask a Question