SOLVED Finally A Glitch In Windows 10

Reaction score
I forgot to knock on wood when I was bragging about my flawless Windows 10 install. I just got my first glitch. I have a new personalization option installed which I did not select. It is a "Color" option. I now have a red accent for my background. All the option buttons are off so it should not have an accent but suddenly there it was. It is not objectionable (yet) so I am not concerned about changing it but it was not a selection that I made.

I loaded this version of Windows 10 from an OEM disk. I recall that on a different pc with an upgrade of Windows 10 (from 8.1) I had selected a red accent. Is it possible that Windows 10 could have recalled that and presented me with it out of the blue?

I changed the color to black and selected "Show color on start, taskbar, and action center".

Last edited:
Reaction score
A new glitch in my "perfect" system. The time inexplicably is changed to Pacific time instead of Eastern time.

The only event which could have impacted it is a recent restart after a graphics resize in which the pc encountered a problem and had to be "repaired automatically".

Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous. Earlier I was bragging about my "perfect" Windows 10 system and this is the 3d glitch I have noticed today. Should have kept my mouth shut.

Number 3 is one I have never seen before. The printer is in the Device Manager with no flag. It prints perfectly. However; it is missing from Devices and Printers in the Control panel. I tried to add a printer but none is recognized.

Wait a minute, I realize that I have an additional glitch. The cursor beam here while I am typing is not the one I had previously. It is a much thicker and bold I beam. I am going to change it right away. What the heck are these mysterious glitches. Fortunately they are easily repaired or ignored.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have glitch #5. It is a search glitch. When I search for "Privacy" for example, I do not get the proper response, just web search results. OK thats 5 glitches and I am pretty sure I will have some more. O well, nothing major.

Bif

Reaction score
I have glitch #5. It is a search glitch. When I search for "Privacy" for example, I do not get the proper response, just web search results. OK thats 5 glitches and I am pretty sure I will have some more. O well, nothing major.
Hey man...get your own glitch would ya!!...;)

and I'm sure there are more to come,just waiting to be found!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hey RT....
I merged your Glitch threads into one. I hope that's alright.
Easier for me to count, cause I figured you easily be up to a dozen or more by now.

Reaction score
Nope, still at 5. I am marking this as SOLVED however to make things even easier

I fixed that printer issue by the way. I used the print utility. The one that comes up when I select PRINT. I do not recall how but after fumbling around there a while I was able to enter it as default. That might help others.

Now there is just the one unsolved search glitch.

Last edited:

Ask a Question