Fitting a scanned book page onto my screen.

BML

Reaction score
I have a book that was scanned and it's full of error's so I'm having to correct it but trying to keep in contact of the page of the book in hard copy and the page of the scanned book is a problem. I think that it would be easier were I to be able to ensure that a scanned page fitted precisely onto my computer screen. I have attempted to fit a scanned page onto the computer screen by using Page Layout and Margins but it didn't work. Any suggestions please?

Reaction score
What program are you using to Scan and Read these pages? There should be a setting to adjust the size of the Image. It could be in Pixels or Inches. You could also look for a Zoom feature and zoom out

BML

Reaction score
I did not Scan these pages, I paid a commercial organisation to do it for me. I use Windows Ten and Word ten which I think means that there is no zoom.

Reaction score
I believe there is zoom in word try" how to change Zoom in word " in help the little ? upper right corner

BML

Reaction score
Brilliant, I found the Zoom and the box used to make changes and tried a number of adjustments but could not make the section covering one page of the book, which as well as a scan I have in hard copy, but I could not make the section expand to a page on the desk top. I will try some more fiddling in the morning. Many thanks for the pointer.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Unfortunately modern wide screen monitors do not lend themselves to what you are attempting to do.
IF it's a major project and important to you, you might want to look into a monitor that supports being physically rotated from landscape to portrait mode and then configuring your display driver for that monitor to portrait.

I did some support for an apprenticeship and skill improvement program back in the day and their instructors often used that type of monitor setup to facilitate their construction of various training material handouts.

Reaction score
Another option would be to use from the Windows Accessories "Ease of access" kit the Magnifier its only a window but the size can be adjusted

Ask a Question