SOLVED Fix the path of a USB key

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a compiled program that does backups. (The path is therefore fixed at m: \ my backup)
in a month if I plug in my USB key, how can I find it in m: \
is it possible ?
thank you in advance

Reaction score
Hi Jean-Pierre,

I am not sure but I think you would have to make sure that you put the USB device in the same USB port that you started with?. That said, if you plug in other USB devices, it may well overwrite the path?. Maybe other forum members have an idea for you?. :)

Reaction score
Sometimes it's necessary to plug a USB drive, any type, into the same USB Port used when assigning a drive letter in Disk Management. It's possible the port identification by the Operating System will be the issue.

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a compiled program that does backups. (The path is therefore fixed at m: \ my backup)
in a month if I plug in my USB key, how can I find it in m: \
is it possible ?
thank you in advance
Simple to do. Plug the USB key into any USB port, go into Disk Management and set the drive to be M:. Once done, it will always be M: in the future.

For details, see the article at https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-assign-a-drive-letter-in-windows-10/

Ask a Question