How can I fix this error: Microsoft Office Access Runtime and Data Connectivity 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) -Error 0x80070643

Reaction score
How can I fix this windows update error?:
Microsoft Office Access Runtime and Data Connectivity 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) -Error 0x80070643

I have been getting and installing all windows updates OK,
and my DELL XPS system in now running Windows Home version 1909 build 18362.657
I have Microsoft Office 2007 installed for many years and continue to use Word and Excel without problems

However this one update refuses to install: Microsoft Office Access Runtime and Data Connectivity 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3)

What do I need to do to fix it?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Here's a Microsoft page that has a direct link to the standalone installer
Which may or may not help with your problem.

Keeping in mind that this is specifically for an Office component program (specifically MS Access) and then only the Runtime Data Connectivity sub-component of that specific program.
AND
Considering that it's the 2007 version of Office I suppose we would need to be mindful that it may not have been created with your current host Operating System (Windows 10) in mind.

I'd be interested in hearing from other members or guests who are using Office 2007 (the version that includes MS Access) and whether or not they are having or have had a similar issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi RP,

if you know the update package name (KB#######), you can do a manual download and install from the following link:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx :)
Thanks Wolfie,
I managed to download these two cab files, using your method:
accessrtsp3-en-us_ee4445c15b0a31bdfd88f90eeed051c7b4f5d5d5.cab
aceredistsp3-en-us_af339caa57437bbf4c635ff08cbf4d4d2add0108.cab

However I don't know what to do with them?

Trouble's comment about Office 2007 being so old that the updates may not work for Windows 10 anyway - make me a bit wary.
As I don't have any issues with Word or Excel - I might just live with it for now.
Thanks anyway.

Reaction score
Here's a Microsoft page that has a direct link to the standalone installer
Which may or may not help with your problem.

Keeping in mind that this is specifically for an Office component program (specifically MS Access) and then only the Runtime Data Connectivity sub-component of that specific program.
AND
Considering that it's the 2007 version of Office I suppose we would need to mindful that it may not have been created with your current host Operating System (Windows 10) in mind.

I'd be interested in hearing from other members or guests who are using Office 2007 (the version that includes MS Access) and whether or not they are having or have had a similar issue.
Thanks Trouble,
I think my edition of Office 2007 was the Educational version and does not have MS Access.
I don't have any issues with Word and Excel, so perhaps I will just live with the update error for now.
Thanks anyway.

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie,
I managed to download these two cab files, using your method:
accessrtsp3-en-us_ee4445c15b0a31bdfd88f90eeed051c7b4f5d5d5.cab
aceredistsp3-en-us_af339caa57437bbf4c635ff08cbf4d4d2add0108.cab

However I don't know what to do with them?

Trouble's comment about Office 2007 being so old that the updates may not work for Windows 10 anyway - make me a bit wary.
As I don't have any issues with Word or Excel - I might just live with it for now.
Thanks anyway.
Hi RP,

double click the files and they should auto run!. :)

Reaction score
Hello,
I have the same problem but my version of office is 2019 and my version of windows is 11. I think Microsoft is updating only those apps that brings the most money inthe cash register in this case Office 365. About Windows 11 that is reserved for a limited new kind of PC, it wouldn't amaze me that microsoft gets money from PC-manufactures to sell more new PC's with that version.

Ask a Question