Flash drive

Reaction score
I have a 128 GB flash drive on a usb 3.0 drive but my system only show 31.9 GB I want to know how to access the rest of the drive. I'm using windows 10 running on a AMD system with 4 GB of ram can anyone help me with this?????

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check Disk Management and see what it looks like. Perhaps only a portion of the drive has been formatted and the rest is unallocated.
You should be seeing something around 116 gigs with that drive if setup and configured properly.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I've had that happen a couple times after using it as a bootable drive to install windows or run memtest. HP flash format worked except on the flash drive I used to boot memtest. It wouldn't even let me format the drive at all, saying it was write protected. I had to do this https://www.oxhow.com/recover-lost-space-on-removable-usb-drive/ which got back all but about 100mb of my 2gb flash drive.

Reaction score
thanks for the help after I used disk part to join the unallocated space i formatted the drive and now it shows 115 GB

Reaction score
That is the type of indication you might see if the drive had been used as a Recovery Drive for Windows.

Cleaning it with Diskpart and creating a new partition and formatting is probably the easiest way to recover the space. A drive that large probably needs the partitions to be of the NTFS variety.

Ask a Question