Forgot password Win 10, can't reset no internet access.

Reaction score
Recover Win 10 password stored on computer - no internet available computer icon lower rite with Red X.

Was doing something (that I have since forgotten what is was) that required me to restart in safe mode. I used MSconfig Safe mode with networking. Computer rebooted but required my password, which I forgot. (pin not available). I attempted to long on to WiFi but computer would not connect. Did require that I enter access key though. I was unable to connect to reset password. Router recognizes computer connected but computer will not connect.

I believe Log On is looking for password stored on my Del XPS on 27 and not reaching out to internet.

I have tried recover "without changing my files" but still requires password.

Reaction score
Are you sure you forgot the password? A client had a similar "issue" and it turned out to be malware. The windows logon screen was replaced with a fake, and when you entered a password it would not accept it.
1. Force the system into system recovery mode. Do this by resetting 4 times before windows can start.
2. You should be able to use the system recovery to "go back" to a previous save.
3. Reboot, and it should work.

Reaction score
If the command prompt failed to work, then you should give a try on third party reset tools.

P.S it is a local account or MS account?

Reaction score
Do you have Password reset disk , Insert it on your locked computer and boot computer from it , so easy . or you can login other account to get into your computer .

Reaction score

Ask a Question