Four Computers stuck on build 17046

Reaction score
I have 4 computers that will not upgrade to a newer build. I have tried the usual remedies of removing USB devices, mini SD cards, updating drivers, software checking tools and troubleshooters. I was sure 17083 would load but Nope! It gets to second boot on installation and reverts back to 17046 on all 4 computers. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Have you tried the windows update trouble shooter?
Also try this open admin powershell and type the following: sfc /scannow
then wait for it to finish and type the following: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
then restart your computer and try updating again if that does not work uninstall third party apps
if that does not work then try everything listed here

Reaction score
I have 4 computers that will not upgrade to a newer build. I have tried the usual remedies of removing USB devices, mini SD cards, updating drivers, software checking tools and troubleshooters https://showbox.tools/. I was sure 17083 would load but Nope! It gets to second boot on installation and reverts back to 17046 on all 4 computers. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Just to make something clear about your build versions: What actual Build do you have??
17046 as well as 17083 indicate a Redstone4 Insider version which are no longer supported. You can find the actual version in "Settings", then 'system' and "about".
It should read something like this:
2021-10-29_064452.jpg

Ask a Question