Frozen update

Reaction score
Hi, when updating to 20h2 the update freezes at 48% every time I try to update. I've updated drivers, deleted the software distribution folder, run the troubleshooter, and completed multiple command prompt actions to try and resolve it. But nothing has worked, any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi, when updating to 20h2 the update freezes at 48% every time I try to update. I've updated drivers, deleted the software distribution folder, run the troubleshooter, and completed multiple command prompt actions to try and resolve it. But nothing has worked, any help would be appreciated.
I attempted to download an install the 20H2 update yesterday on one of my laptops and it took 13 hours, from updates in settings it would download in about 2 hours and over the next 3 hours would install to the point of 73% and progress no further at which point a message popped up saying that something went wrong, try again, I did this 3 more times with no improvement, after going into the automatic help, even that did nothing to help so, the way I achieved downloading and installing it fully and correctly was to go on the Microsoft site, click on downloads and do it from there, that worked. In essence what this ‘update’ does is in fact completely reinstall W10 on your computer, from that point it took another 7 hours to complete. There were more than enough issues when W10 was first introduced, why, after all this time, can Microsoft still not get it right?

Reaction score
I attempted to download an install the 20H2 update yesterday on one of my laptops and it took 13 hours, from updates in settings it would download in about 2 hours and over the next 3 hours would install to the point of 73% and progress no further at which point a message popped up saying that something went wrong, try again, I did this 3 more times with no improvement, after going into the automatic help, even that did nothing to help so, the way I achieved downloading and installing it fully and correctly was to go on the Microsoft site, click on downloads and do it from there, that worked. In essence what this ‘update’ does is in fact completely reinstall W10 on your computer, from that point it took another 7 hours to complete. There were more than enough issues when W10 was first introduced, why, after all this time, can Microsoft still not get it right?

Thank you I'll give that a go. I did turn the computer on and it started the update and it's gotten further than before, hopefully it works. But microsoft definitely need to sort W10 out.

Reaction score
The second and third time I tried via settings>updates it got to 84% and that was also after shutting down the laptop and restarting it, the problem is, as with the W10 rollout, they never beta tested it before release so it was only by the volume of complaints and arising issues from those that downloaded it that they were made aware of the problems, there were a load of people that had their computers rendered unusable because of it so they had to go out and buy new. Shocking!

Ask a Question