SOLVED Full Image Back up on Windows 10 onto SD Memory

Reaction score
Why is Windows 10 disallowing full image backup onto a SD card with 250GB formatted with NTFS?

Reaction score
Hi James,

how much space are you using on your computer?, 250GB might not be enough if you have a lot of stuff stored on your computer?. :)

Reaction score
The SD card is empty,
Hi James,

how much space are you using on your computer?, 250GB might not be enough if you have a lot of stuff stored on your computer?. :)
th
Hi James,

The SD card is empty With 250GB space. The desktop has only about 210GB used space. I was able to do a full backup on a 240GB SSD drive, but not the SD card.

Reaction score
James' windows back up has been depreciated from windows 10 for good reasons, its highly unreliable. My advice to start using Macrium is quite valid and free. There are other programs out there too, and I'm sure some will jump in for there favorites. But none compare to MR especially in the free version which you can keep using free forever.

Reaction score
James' windows back up has been depreciated from windows 10 for good reasons, its highly unreliable. My advice to start using Macrium is quite valid and free. There are other programs out there too, and I'm sure some will jump in for there favorites. But none compare to MR especially in the free version which you can keep using free forever.

I agree. The windows backup is known to cause multiple problems, one especially the inability to restore a backup. So, what is a backup program worth if it can't restore the backups made??

Beside Macrium reflect I could recommend Acronis True Image. If you have a Western digital drive, you can get it for free, just download it from the WD website..

Reaction score
I agree. The windows backup is known to cause multiple problems, one especially the inability to restore a backup. So, what is a backup program worth if it can't restore the backups made??

Beside Macrium reflect I could recommend Acronis True Image. If you have a Western digital drive, you can get it for free, just download it from the WD website..

Thank you Kindly for your suggestions. I do have a WD SSD on my HP EliteDesk Mini.
I have created the image from Macrium on the SD Card. Thanks again!

Ask a Question