Garmin Sat Nav

Reaction score
I have been trying to connect it to Garmin Express but it won't find it on my PC. When I go into 'My PC' it is there. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reaction score
I have a Nuvi 58. I plug it in USB and after a couple of seconds W10 asks me what I want to do. Garmin Express is NOT in the list of options. so I say No Action. Several seconds later I see it in My PC as a storage device showing me how much spare memory it has.

I then go to All App s, scroll down to G and click Garmin and select Garmin Express and there I am. Garmin express connects and works.

I notice that I cannot see a way to associate the device with Garmin express nor with Basecamp. I wonder if these apps do not register themselves properly with W10.

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I've tried that but it doesn't work for me.
You say it works for you but in your last paragraph you say that you cannot see a way to associate the device with Garmin Express??

Reaction score
BY which I mean: Have Windows itself start up Garmin Express whenever a Garmin device is plugged in.

So, exactly which bit of my process does not work for you?

Reaction score
I'll start from the beginning.
The Garmin came with my new Seat Ibiza, so it is associated with Seat.
When I first connected it to the PC I had to register with Garmin Fresh(a Seat thing perhaps) which recognised my device. When I tried to download something all went well, when I went to the checkout an error occurred at the last step.....and it keeps happening. That is when I tried Express.
Thanks for taking the time.

Reaction score
I'll start from the beginning.
The Garmin came with my new Seat Ibiza, so it is associated with Seat.
When I first connected it to the PC I had to register with Garmin Fresh(a Seat thing perhaps) which recognised my device. When I tried to download something all went well, when I went to the checkout an error occurred at the last step.....and it keeps happening. That is when I tried Express.
Thanks for taking the time.
Sorry forgot to say that Express will not recognise the device

Reaction score
Ok. I went off to the Garmin Fresh site and searched around for this device and downloaded the manual. No mention anywhere of Garmin Express.

So it looks as if everything has to be done via Garmin Fresh. which you say has a problem with 'checkout' . Is checkout the point where you are applying any change you have made to the device? Such as for example updating a map and then sending that to the device and then telling the device to accept that change ?
Or, as some of the things appear to be paid services do you mean checkout in the financial sense.

For what it is worth we don't have Fresh in North America and Garmin don't offer devices like yours here with car integration.

Have you tried running Fresh in W8 or w7 compatibility mode? Or asking Fresh support about W10

Reaction score
When I say check out that is where you have to pay. It takes my card details but when I click submit an error occurs!
It was when I was trying to download a service.

Yes tried it in W8 a few weeks back before I installed W10. I guess I'll have to ask Fresh and see what they come up with.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Ask a Question