Getting message " Hmm we can't reach that page"

Reaction score
I have been getting this message a bunch lately and it seems to be getting worse. I have been to Microsoft support twice and no solution resulted. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a solution that someone with no tech knowledge can use?

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
It could be the site/forum its self that is either the wrong link or the server is down.
I have had that sometimes
Then gone back after an hour and everything has been ok

Reaction score
have you down loaded update (KB3140743)as I started to get the same message after the update.so the internet was no go,finaly had to revert to restore point to fix it.but just reinstalled the update today and every thing is ok.gothy.

Reaction score
I have been getting this message a bunch lately and it seems to be getting worse. I have been to Microsoft support twice and no solution resulted. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a solution that someone with no tech knowledge can use?
Me too, on and off since installing Win 10. I've looked at many questions on this but found no answers (well lots of people think they know...). I've concluded no one knows that's telling (I'm sure Microsoft know...); but, I'm quite certain it isn't you - it's a glitch in Microsoft Edge.

I've switched from Edge to Firefox, then to Chrome and back again three times now owing to this and a few other odd glitches but I'm back to Edge for now as, when it works, it's the fastest and smoothest browser of them all. It's getting close now again, though, to giving it up maybe once and for all.

I have read that Edge becomes glitch when the home page option is changed from Bing to Google or the like. Things like that. For sure, I have changed the defaults as I do not like Bing as a search engine.

Reaction score
The problem seems to be an interaction between Windows 10 and Outlook (in my case Outlook 2010). A hyperlink in Outlook causes Internet Explorer 11 to open and display the message. To make sure it was not IE at fault, I pasted the same hyperlink firs to Edge, then to Google Chrome, but got the same result. So, I conclude that Outlook is at fault. I have read suggestions as a result of Google searches that other people have similar, but not the same problem when using Outlook 2010 or 2007 with Windows 10. Their problem appears to be that every time they click on an Outlook link it brings up a screen asking whether to use IE, Edge or Google Chrome - which they find annoying. There some suggestions on how to fix this problem, but not the "Hmm we can't reach that page" error.
Any suggestions please?

Reaction score
The problem seems to be an interaction between Windows 10 and Outlook (in my case Outlook 2010). A hyperlink in Outlook causes Internet Explorer 11 to open and display the message. To make sure it was not IE at fault, I pasted the same hyperlink firs to Edge, then to Google Chrome, but got the same result. So, I conclude that Outlook is at fault. I have read suggestions as a result of Google searches that other people have similar, but not the same problem when using Outlook 2010 or 2007 with Windows 10. Their problem appears to be that every time they click on an Outlook link it brings up a screen asking whether to use IE, Edge or Google Chrome - which they find annoying. There some suggestions on how to fix this problem, but not the "Hmm we can't reach that page" error.
Any suggestions please?

I have a question: Does the issue always occur or has anyone been able to use it on and off?

Reaction score
I get this on Edge in Windows 11, but it only stays up for a couple of seconds then loads the website. It's not the browser or the internet, I have 500mbps cable. Looks like a Microsoft glitch, totally unnecessary for it to pop up while waiting for the page to load.

Reaction score
I have similar problem too. After much work I determined that resetting network using cmd and applying all the cmds it goes away. Also using microft tool to reset does not solve the problem, it should though. I hope this helps you too.

Ask a Question