SOLVED Always Getting a User Account Control Message

Reaction score
I use a program almost daily on my Galaxy Note 4 and I recently installed the Windows version of the program in order to sync my notes and/or work on them from my desktop. When I launch the Windows Version on my Desktop I get a User Control Message. If I click yes it loads and runs normally. Clicking no closes the application as I expected. This happens regardless of my User Control Settings. Any way to prevent this and can it be done without opening my system to problems?

Michael

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It sounds a bit like the application is launching with the Run as Administrator checked
Examine the shortcut and or the executable itself and look at the properties -> compatibility tab and see if it is.
It may be required for the app to run within Windows, but it wouldn't hurt to take a look and see if you can uncheck it and test.

Reaction score
It sounds a bit like the application is launching with the Run as Administrator checked
Examine the shortcut and or the executable itself and look at the properties -> compatibility tab and see if it is.
It may be required for the app to run within Windows, but it wouldn't hurt to take a look and see if you can uncheck it and test.

Thanks trouble but no luck. Run as Administrator is unchecked. Tried checking it as well. Nothing changes. Went back to unchecked. Still get the User Control Message and when responding yes, everything works ok, but can't figure out why.

Michael

Reaction score

Samsung was no help at all only to tell me that the Windows version is not supported in the U.S. even though it is a Samsung program and otherwise works fine.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Some programs just need to "run as administrator" to work properly and have an elevate privileges line built into their code and as a result prompt you as you are seeing.
As long as it works after you click OK, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you suspect it may have malicious intent and content.

Reaction score
I'll keep on doing that. I have tried to set it to Rub As Administrator but even with this set it still asks me. The Samsung Tech told me that it is not officially release in the U.S. and that's why it is not on their webpage. Oh well, at least its usable. Thanks.

I thought sure I checked it yesterday but might have forgotten to click ok, but if I set my User Account Control setting to the minimum, it works fine without the warning.

Last edited:

Ask a Question