SOLVED Getting rid of Cortana

Reaction score
I have been trying to get rid of Cortana.

Windows10 Home - 64bit system.

I have managed to install gpedit.msc and working.
I have edited the registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" and created a new Key(folder) key in the left pane and selected New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Named as "AllowCortana" with the value set at (0).

Running gpedit.msc > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > ( from here suppose to see "Search"). From Search was to locate "AllowCortana" and double click to "disable".

"Search" is not listed under "Windows Components", is this something I've done wrong or is something else that has to be turned on somewhere.

Thanks

Reaction score
I just turned Cortana "OFF" in Settings. Never used it since I upgraded to Windows 10.
Personally I have no use for it. She knows to much about you and your surfing habits.

Reaction score
All done.
Despite restarting the laptop several times and nothing had changed from what I did.
But physically turning the laptop off when finished with and restarted next session, Cortana has gone.
Got a normal 'Search Windows' back in place of Cortana.

Ask a Question