Getting rid of Edge

Reaction score
I've done everything Í found in the Internet to delete Edge.
Yet I still have an empty position without an icon, leading nowhere, in the program list when I click the start icon.
It reads simply "Microsoft Edge" and since it is empty is only a black square.
Right-clicking lead to "Pin to Start" and to "More".
Of course (since empty) it does not pin to Start. Clicking "More" leads to "Pin to taskbar" and "App settings". It does not pin to the Task Bar and the App settings are all off.
How do i get rid of it in the Start menu?

Reaction score
You can't get rid of Edge..it's default..but you can use another browser, i/e firefox / opera etc.

Reaction score
Try going to
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and , if you can se it, delete it-

Irrelevant I guess, but why do you want to go to all that trouble? Just elect another browser as your default and ignore it.

FWIW. Edge is gaining rapidly as a browser favourite

Reaction score
Yes, quite irrelevant. But a non installed app should not be shown.
I know that Edge cannot be completely removed by actual standards, but I am still hoping that someone will discover the secret trick.
After all, the text shown where it should not be is taken from somewhere, and once found out from where, it could probably at least be changed.
I have two other browsers installed an certainly do not need Edge, and who knows what even a rest of it may call home about...

Reaction score
There many locations in the registry that mention "Microsoft Edge" - the question is only which one may be removed.

Ask a Question