SOLVED Getting tired of fake bills.

Reaction score
Hi,

Got this one today, I've gotten them from all kinds of places from Amazon and others. None of them real bills.
Note the fake phone number. I looked it up with the dots removed and got a warning page from the FBI about phone scams.

Your subscription for Norton security has been successfully renewed and updated.

PRODUCT INFORMATION:

Product Name : Norton security

Expiration Date : 1 Year from the date of purchase

Price : $199.99

Payment Method: Auto-Renewal

If you feel this is an unauthorized transaction, please contact our billing department as soon as possible.

You can reach us on +1 8.33-210-2.177

Regards,

Jerome Biggins

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I got my very first one about 3 months ago.....it was a Amazon purchase for a mobile phone, a $800 phone. I knew it was fake right away but just wanted to confirm that with the wife......maybe she was gonna surprise me. LOL!

I've not gotten any since that one....but I thinking it has something to do with the email address that it's (the fake bill) using has come from one of those tens of hundreds of stolen data from hackers of the past 3-5 years.

Like I said, I've not gotten one since but after that first one I went to all my email accounts and changed every password, added some 2FA to those accounts that were not set up. I've been good since then.

Reaction score
Mine started about a month ago and this makes about 6 of them. Most I've sent copies of to the real company. The weird thing is on this one I guess they are trying to get you to contact them, but the phone number isn't real unless you take out the dots.

At least the FBI is warning people.
But how many people take the time to look it up?

Reaction score
If I saw that Norton one I would just delete it... why? because I would never allow Norton anywhere near any of my PCs.
I don't get that many email scams. When I get something I am don't like I look at the full message headers which usually show something is not right.

Reaction score
Got similar from PayPay saying I should log in using the link in the mail and check my account as there was unusual activity, there were so many obvious signs that it wasn't from PP but I logged in via Edge browser just to check, the Phishers surely must know that there is phone security on PP these days?. :(

Reaction score
I seem to get a few of these each week. I'm wary both of displaying the emails as full text AND of peeping at any enclosures because you just don't know what they contain! So I worked out how to display the complete unvarnished message text in my mail browser - this allows me to see where the email may have originated from. Check it out, most mail browsers have that function tucked away somewhere. That together with the obvious signs like an anonymous salutation and the ubiquitous spelling and grammar errors are dead give-aways. The Delete button of an unopened email is my best friend.

Reaction score
I seem to get a few of these each week. I'm wary both of displaying the emails as full text AND of peeping at any enclosures because you just don't know what they contain! So I worked out how to display the complete unvarnished message text in my mail browser - this allows me to see where the email may have originated from. Check it out, most mail browsers have that function tucked away somewhere. That together with the obvious signs like an anonymous salutation and the ubiquitous spelling and grammar errors are dead give-aways. The Delete button of an unopened email is my best friend.
I have a special laptop for opening questionable emails. It has small cheap sata drives that I can clone quickly and just pop in the new one. Most are anting me to click a link. I do know for a fact any purchase verifications from amazon are fake, they just don't have the time or resources to do that and they won't call you either. Publishers clearing house will NEVER CALL OR ASK YOU TO PAY A FEE, THAT WOULD BE ILLEGAL. I was getting 3 emails a week stating that my Mc Afee has expired, well that's a good thing. I think it expired in 1995, but you have a fake email address anyway. My favorites are the calls, you are leaking viruses, your firewalls are down. I keep them on the phone as long as I can stand it, then informed them they have called an IT security firm and was just wasting their time to protect others.

Ask a Question