SOLVED Constant picture change affects my getting into Windows.

Reaction score
Sometimes I can't get to the log in page for Windows. I have to close PC manually. When I boot up again, that's when I notice that the 'pretty scene' has changed (yet again) from what it was before. I think the picture change causes the PC to 'not wake up' again properly.

Reaction score
you might check to see if you have any corruption, why cause i have never had that issue, and the picture is what I set to be very specific. apparently you do not. easy enough to do. and corruption of video im sure is the cause, recommend you clean crud, trash, junk, then either trim or defrag, as the case needs, then so a sfc /scannow to fix, you also migh do a safe mode, chkdsk C: /r

Reaction score
Try turning Windows spotlight and slideshow off to start with. And if you have installed accidentally or otherwise, Bing Wallpaper turn that off as well. See if the problem goes away.

Reaction score
Not sure of the advice given above. I've not set any pictures. These pictures are there, and change each day almost. I press any key, then I get my Windows window where I type my code to get into Windows, then desktop and so on. It's just a theory I have that these pictures are the problem. I don't know where to go to stop them. They don't come from my own pictures.

Reaction score
Try turning Windows spotlight and slideshow off to start with. And if you have installed accidentally or otherwise, Bing Wallpaper turn that off as well. See if the problem goes away.

Reaction score
you might check to see if you have any corruption, why cause i have never had that issue, and the picture is what I set to be very specific. apparently you do not. easy enough to do. and corruption of video im sure is the cause, recommend you clean crud, trash, junk, then either trim or defrag, as the case needs, then so a sfc /scannow to fix, you also migh do a safe mode, chkdsk C: /r

Reaction score
I did follow above advice. I did find the 'spotlight' option, and the 'slideshow' option, and chose to have one of my own pictures. I'll see how that affects things. It's been very annoying this past 18 months, to have the PC not wake up, several times a day, upon returning after a period of inactivity, and having to manually close down and restart. Many thanks.

Reaction score
2020-05-31_065012.jpg

Ask a Question