Give me back my PC, Windows 10 so bad.

Reaction score
You must be the first person in the universe to have their Laptop broken by a piece of software. Have fun with your Mac.

Reaction score
HELLO??? My laptop was working fine till the Windows 10 installed. Sorry I have no time to waste anymore. Like I said good bye MS and hello to Mac.
No matter what os you use its only a matter of time before the wheels fall off that's how life is. ;)

Reaction score
Windows 10 is the biggest pile of junk ever. It has rendered two laptops in my house useless. Microsoft should be shot on sight for inflicting Windows 10 on people

Reaction score
Windows 10 is the biggest pile of junk ever. It has rendered two laptops in my house useless. Microsoft should be shot on sight for inflicting Windows 10 on people
On the other hand they have turned three of my PCs in great PCS. :)

Reaction score
Stevej66, I'm sorry, please help me understand. How did MS force Windows 10 on you? Surely you made a system image of your laptops when they were working before you did any upgrades? Taking 30 - 60 minutes to create a system image with free software (Macrium Reflect), and then 10 minutes to restore that image when things didn't work out, would likely have your laptops humming again. Just because MS advertises to you that they have a new product does not mean you have to use it.

While MS does advertise W10 upgrades to the masses, the individual end-user cannot be absolved of any culpability or relieved of any responsibility for doing due diligence to make sure their rig can handle the new OS. Simply by MS advertising W10, and a generic message stating your machine meets minimum requirements, does not mean your particular PC will handle the upgrade gracefully. It seems like there is one anecdotal situation after another on W10 forums where an upgrade went south and the end-user did not first check with their manufacturer on whether they supported W10 at the moment. Some machines are old enough where the manufacturer will never support W10 on them.

I've posted this once, and I'll post it again:

I liken this to an automaker's fuel recommendations for a particular model of car. Certain models have the ability to process certain grades/types of fuel while others do not. I know as an automobile owner - because I have a responsibility as an owner to read my BMW model's owner manual and/or checking their website - that the manufacturer recommends against using anything but premium high octane gasoline. I know, because of my due diligence, that I can use lower octane fuel to make my engine run, however, the manufacturer cannot guarantee performance or behavior. If I still choose to use a lower grade gasoline, and get undesired results, how do I in good conscience blame BMW or the fuel for this?

Yes, MS does indeed try to entice end-users to upgrade, making it easy to do so if a system check determines, at a high level, that one’s machine may be able to run W10. However, my local gas station offers three grades of fuel (regular, mid-grade, premium) and makes it extremely easy for me to pick up the nozzle for regular or mid-grade, and even entices me with decent discounts if I use their mid-grade fuel. If I’m sucked in by that incentive or any other incentive at the pump to do something not recommended by BMW, do I have the right to blame the gas station for ignoring my manufacturer’s warning? Or blame BMW?

As I stated earlier, MS does try to entice one to upgrade to W10 by making it easy and giving a decent incentive (a free OS upgrade!). No doubt about it. But if the end-user upgrades and does not first perform due diligence as to what the manufacturer recommends, then, IMO, it is no different than me putting regular gasoline in my BMW and then complaining if I have problems.

Let’s put aside the analogy for a second and talk something closer to home. I have a 5 year old Lenovo laptop. Before I upgraded to W10 I did a lot of research on whether my model was compatible. In fact, on Lenovo’s website, my model does not appear on the list of models they recommend for the W10 OS. After further research and thought, I decided to go forward with the upgrade, even though Lenovo didn’t bless it, because a) I have other laptops that I can use if this one went south, b) others with this model have successfully upgraded and c) I trust my imaging software and took a good, verified image before the upgrade so I could go back to W7 on my own terms and not have to rely on W10 to roll it back. In other words, it was not critical if this particular machine broke. If it was I would have never moved forward with the upgrade simply because the manufacturer recommended against it.

Now, I am one of the lucky ones where the upgrade appears to have worked 100% and have not yet experienced any problems. However, had something gone wrong and I was having problems, either big or small, I certainly would not be angry at Lenovo or Microsoft. How could I be? Back to the analogy: I chose to put a non-recommended grade of gasoline (W10) into a model of car (laptop) whose manufacturer (Lenovo) recommended against it. Again, I am lucky that the non-recommended OS is working for my model (at this time, anyway), but I am solely responsible if I suddenly start to have issues, no one else.

Also, might I add...and this is only my opinion of course..that I would never attempt to upgrade or clean install a new OS version without first taking a verified system image. The software is free, so that is no excuse. And if I didn't have access to - or couldn't afford - external storage to hold the image, I wouldn't ever attempt to install a new OS on a machine I couldn't afford to live with bricked. I would simply continue to enjoy the experience of my currently working OS, knowing that I have something to look forward to in the future at some point.

Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
yes i am also using Windows 10 in my office computers and i am hiring "Sisytech(dot)net" to maintain all these. and i think Windows 10 is going good.

Reaction score
Install zorin and be rid of the shit that is windows 10. My PC is faster with less bloat ware. Each update that Microsoft do to win10, kills it that but more. It is akin to vista

Ask a Question