Windows Bad Image Exception Processing Message

Reaction score
Hello..Sure could use some help.
I was attempting to reconnect my file history drive and a message popped up stating
Windows Bad Image
Exception Processing Message 0xc000007b parameters 0x7ffbd0791d28
Can someone walk me through this? I would sure appreciate it. Det007

Reaction score
In case anyone else has this problem. I downloaded Windows Update Troubleshooter
from Windows. Being I downloaded some updates yesterday. It solved the problem.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Is there any further information in the error message?

For example, does it mention a driver issue? If it does you might resolve things by opening Device Manager and checking what drivers are being used and update if its defaulting to a generic windows driver for your Back up drive or the hub its connected to (I'm guessing that will be a USB port).

Other than that all you really can do is run a chkdsk on the affect drive to make sure there are not corrupt sectors or other issues going on.
  • Assuming this is an external drive being used and the Drive letter is F: then:
    • right click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • When User Account Control alert appears click Yes
    • In the console that opens type
      Code:
      chkdsk F: /f /r /x
      then press Enter key
      • /f fixes errors
      • /r located bad sectors if present and recovers data from bad sectors if possible
      • /x forces drive to dismount

Reaction score
Hello..Sure could use some help.
I was attempting to reconnect my file history drive and a message popped up stating
Windows Bad Image
Exception Processing Message 0xc000007b parameters 0x7ffbd0791d28
Can someone walk me through this? I would sure appreciate it. Det007

This means that your 32 bit files got mixed up with your 64 ones or vice versa. I recommend you to take a look at this post of fixtechproblems to solve your problem. Just go throught the list.

Ask a Question