Windows 10 BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER and HEADER -- can't find source.

Reaction score
For the past week or so, I get a BSOD with error code BAD_POOL_CALLER. According to BlueScreenView, when the error is BAD_POOL_CALLER, the driver that causes it is NETIO.SYS at address NETIO.SYS+17e1f. When it's BAD_POOL_HEADER, the driver is tcpip.sys at address tcpip.sys+7bd50. Below are links to a screenshot for each:

aphoh9

http://prntscr.com/aphoh9
aphom3

http://prntscr.com/aphom3

I've updated the appropriate drivers. I've run chkdsk with no errors. I've run memsched with no errors. I unseated and reseated my RAM. I've done a fresh install of Windows.

It seems to happen every couple of days. One will happen, then the other one about 10 minutes later, then it seems fine for another couple of days. I can't seem to pinpoint a cause. Woke up one morning and the computer had reset following the BSOD. It might happen when browsing the internet. Hasn't happened during a game yet.

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB (drive Windows is on) / WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM
Mobo: ASUS Z97K
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 1866MHz CL10
CPU: i7-4790
GPU: GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB
PSU: OCZ 600W

Plugged in hardware: USB keyboard and mouse (Logitech G910/Razer Naga Epic)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Copy the contents of C:\Windows\minidump into a new folder on your desktop.
Zip it up and attach it to your next post.
Maybe someone will have the time to take a look at the actual .dmp files.

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with memsched. I would download Memtest 86+ and run it with only 1 stick of your RAM at a time. If it passes the tests I would be looking at the PSU or a possible fault with the motherboard. My bet would be that the PSU isn't up to powering your system.

Ask a Question