Bsod IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Windows 10

Reaction score
I've had multiple bsods since I build my pc. During the fist month (July) it was ok but suddenly it started to fail. These days I dissasembly the pc and assembly again but bsods continue.

I've tested Memtest, multiple stressing programs, fresh installations of w10 or ubuntu (sometimes freezes and reboots).ç

Tested also with other psu, only hdd conected, only ssd conected and now I have my tower case with all fans removed just in case and stability has improved (much less bsods)

Thanks!!!

My configuration is:
i7 6700 with cooler master 212x
Asus h170 pro gaming
Gskil ddr4 2400mhz (running at 2133)
gigabyte gtx 950 2gb
tacens radix VII AG 600W plus silver
HDD Seagate 1tb barracuda
SSD Kinsgton uv400 240gb
Nox hummer zs Tower case

Attachments

• 120316-6640-01.zip
    111 KB · Views: 404

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I took a look at the single dump file that you attached.
BugCheck A, {fffff15c00002a30, 2, 0, fffff801c1cbc355}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
Looking through your drivers.... They seem to be all up to date including your BIOS version and nothing specific was called or mentioned in the Stack Trace.
The only thing that caught my attention was a large number of drivers associated with your Panda Security Suite.
My only suggestion would be to completely uninstall Panda using the Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel and if necessary use their vendor specific, proprietary removal tool as a follow-up.
http://support.pandasecurity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=3160

Make sure that the native Defender product as well as the Windows Firewall are re-enabled afterwards and see if that provides any stability to your system.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I took a look at the single dump file that you attached.

Looking through your drivers.... They seem to be all up to date including your BIOS version and nothing specific was called or mentioned in the Stack Trace.
The only thing that caught my attention was a large number of drivers associated with your Panda Security Suite.
My only suggestion would be to completely uninstall Panda using the Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel and if necessary use their vendor specific, proprietary removal tool as a follow-up.
http://support.pandasecurity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=3160

Make sure that the native Defender product as well as the Windows Firewall are re-enabled afterwards and see if that provides any stability to your system.

Thank you very much, I ran into that issue and uninstalled panda but that was when my pc was by far, less stable (I found errors in panda drivers with the driver tool included in w10). I will check stability uninstalling panda.

What about random reboots also with Ubuntu? It seems as if it was sudden psu errors but tested with another psu, euros continued. might be faulty fans or motherboard or cpu??

Other bsods i've received in some occasion: memory management or unexpected kernel among others.

Thanks!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I couldn't explain why you are having an issue with Ubuntu, but.....
IF you suspect that your PSU (either or both) might be at issue, then I would recommend you invest in a name-brand PSU with good reviews and capable of powering your hardware including your GPU.
Some people seem to be critical of your choice listed above
http://www.overclock.net/t/1563232/tacens-radix-vii-ag-600w-80-plus-silver
I tend to lean towards Antec and or Seasonic for my builds.

A questionable Power Supply is always a good place to start, when you are getting multiple BSODs that seem to be inconsistent, but....
You only provided a single dump file and that suggests as issue with memory corruption, suggesting a page fault associated with a driver.

I'm certainly no expert, but....
I can only go by the information provided in a solitary dump file, and.....
That source, suggests a driver issue.
Hoof beats are usually horses..... rarely zebras.

Sometimes you have to go with your gut..... IF You think that you have a less than adequate PSU, then ..... invest the money and get a good one. It looks like a pretty good build with that one exception.

Ubuntu or for that matter any Linux Distro, randomly shutting down might be a RED flag.
Was it installed or were you running it from a Live CD?

Lastly..... don't neglect checking your disk drive(s) for errors either by using the native chkdsk utility or by using the manufacturer's utility from whom ever made the drive, and.......
IF it is an SSD, make sure that you are running the latest firmware.

Reaction score
Well, the psu I tested was powering another pc and it's still powering it so it might not be a psu problem. I will check my drives with chkdsk (remember having passed it...) and seagate's utility

I ran ubuntu as a live cd (for several hours and found no errors) and later I installed it native, at that moment, it begun to freeze randomly, Then I remove ssd and installed w10 in my hdd but faults came randomly and didn't allow me to find some logical solution :(

My ssd seems to be running with its latest fw (or at least, kingston's tool asures that :p)

Quite a weird error... I would go for the RMA (motherboard/cpu/psu or even ram) but certainly, if I don't know which component is faulty, it would be useless.

Thanks for your help!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I would go for the RMA (motherboard/cpu/psu or even ram) but certainly, if I don't know which component is faulty, it would be useless.
I understand.
I recently went through a similar issue with my wife's Windows 10 machine, randomly shutting down.
I went out and bought her a new PSU (Antec) and a new upgraded heat sink and cooling fan. Reseated the CPU, applied new thermal paste and installed the new PSU and Heat Sink and fan and all is well again.
Happy wife = Happy life.

Reaction score
I understand.
I recently went through a similar issue with my wife's Windows 10 machine, randomly shutting down.
I went out and bought her a new PSU (Antec) and a new upgraded heat sink and cooling fan. Reseated the CPU, applied new thermal paste and installed the new PSU and Heat Sink and fan and all is well again.
Happy wife = Happy life.
Sorry for the delay but finally by testing ram sticks by separated I found one of them produced errors randomly so I rma them and from mid of december my computer works great!!

Thank you!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted.
Thanks for the info
Much appreciated.

Reaction score
Irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 issue is accusing windows yet it will be a driver. Have you checked site for PC and ensured you have most recent drivers? many have an auto refresh work on the site that will check PC. Laptop may have an utility built in that does likewise.

Ask a Question