IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Dell Latitude E5440

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and am needing some assistance with this pesky BSOD error in Windows 10. When I try to zip up/attach the .dmp file I get an access error. I do have BlueScreenView installed, and here the results of the most recent dump file. This has been happening for weeks on my work computer (reinstalling Windows is not really an option as I cannot loose my data) and so I'm coming to you all for help. I will also list out all of the steps that I have tried.

===== Blue Screen View results =====
Dump File: 082416-53218-01.dmp
Crash Time: 8/24/2016 8:11:02 AM
Bug Check String: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code: 0x0000000a
Parameter 1: 000000d8`00000718
Parameter 2: 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3: 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4: fffff803`2be4d1e6
Caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe
Caused by address: ntoskrnl.exe+142940
File description: NT Kernel & System
Product name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
File version: 10.0.10586.545 (th2_release.160802-1857)
Processor: x64
File location: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\082416-53218-01.dmp

===== Steps I have attempted =====
  1. Perform Dell Pre-boot assessment - ALL PASSED
  2. Install the latest BIOS, Chipset, and video drivers
  3. Verified that the Windows device manager doesn't have any newer drivers for my wifi card or NIC
  4. Performed windows updates - it's up to date.
  5. Run Dell Diagnostics - ALL PASSED

I have not run the Windows driver verified, but that is my next step to try tonight.

Please let me know if I missed anything, or if you all think of a better troubleshooting path in the meantime. Thank you in advance for all of your help!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Copy the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump into a new folder on your desktop.
Zip it up and attach it to your next post.

Reaction score

Attachments

• cmd_2016-08-15_15-54-00.png
    cmd_2016-08-15_15-54-00.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 674

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I also forgot to mention that I've run a SFC /scannow and a DISM repair health - both of which generated errors.
Probably not a good thing as some of the errors you are receiving are indicative of problems with system files and or registry entries.
BUT..... we can proceed, like it wasn't a big deal and try a couple things......
IF..... you would consider completely removing Trend Micro from your system by using the removal tool which you can download from here
https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/1037161.aspx
"Using the downloadable diagnostic toolkit" two (2) step process.
Afterwards run your machine for a couple days, see if it continues to BSOD and if so, send along any new dump files.

I also noticed some drivers that are typically associated with the Symantec End Point product, not sure why you would have two security software products on your computer but....
It's might be a good idea to use their vendor specific proprietary removal tool to get rid of that as well.

Just let the native Defender and Windows Firewall products do their thing for the time being.

Reaction score
Hi there, this is a client laptop for my work - not my own personal one. I don't have access to remove any of those two pieces of software.

What other suggestions do you have?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Would this be my next step to run?
It would seem to be a good step to perhaps clear up some underlying issues with some system file corruption
Do I need to get an iso to use as my source?
Yes and then you would need to double click the ISO to mount it so that you could use the path to the .wim file in your path statement
"Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:F:\sources\install.wim file:1 /limitaccess" (where F:\ is the mounted ISO..... yours' might very well be different).
does it have to be the same version as my current version of Windows 10 x64
Ideally .... Yes.
or can I use an updated version?
I'm not sure..... possibly.

Reaction score
Ok, I will give that a shot.

Could you tell me how to analyze dump files?

I just had another BSOD with an error of IRLQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - I have put the dump file out in the same location above. I've received this error code more often than all of the others. And, I think this one is more driver related than Windows 10 system file related.

I cannot seem to find the culprit and need more advanced debugging techniques... is there a tool you use?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Could you tell me how to analyze dump files?
is there a tool you use?
Yes there is a tool I use... It's called windbg
Lot of information out there.... try searching "getting started with windbg"
I'm far from an expert but over the years, with the help of several folks that are, I've managed to acquire some of the basic fundamentals for interpreting the results.

Ask a Question