go back from win10 to win7; with old user name-account

Reaction score
How to get rid of o win10 and go back to 7; in hopes to recover my old username-profile that I can no longer access; along with hundreds of folders-files. OMG this is terrible.
Win 95-9 is better than this !!
I have no admin privileges to load any new windows now !

Reaction score
There's a time limit for the go-back such as 30 days or less after Upgrading to Win10. Otherwise you will have to do a clean install of Win7, hopefully you have the disc/s that were prompted to create when first getting the Win7 computer. Some brands/OEMs will have a procedure to do a factory restore using files on the HDD/Hard Disk Drive but will have a program useful for creating 1 copy of the factory restore discs onto CD or DVD R discs [not RW]. Lacking either of those will require a purchase.

For recovery when the drive works but Windows doesn't, I use a free Linux Mint LiveDVD [there's others also free www.distrowatch.org ] to access files and copy to another drive such as a USB Thumb drive of sufficient capacity or an External USB HDD.

For the privileges issue you can also do a Reset or clean install of Win10 but again, back up what you don't want to lose, that exists nowhere else as they could be lost.

Reaction score
don't want a clean install. That is the point of all the files locked in my other profile that is not locked out; thanks to win10. I'm without sharing/editing, priveleges . So why does Win10 ask for MS username/password and lock you out of previous profile that was setup and working. Very poor design . No thought here !
I can't even have the option to go back to grab an 'windows-old' username as listed there; but not accessable.
Anyone knows you can do a clean re install !

Reaction score
Revert back to Windows 7. Then if you decide to upgrade again, don't use a Microsoft account. They make it difficult though.

Go to settings/update and security, and select recovery on the left hand side. There should be an option to go back to Windows 7 if it hasn't been 30 days.

Ask a Question