Migrating data from WIN7 to WIN10

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so my question is .. and I hope to get a lot of feedback on this from people with both good and bad experience, what software tool did you use to migrate your profile and data from your old WIN7 machine to your new WIN19 machine?

2nd part of the question: Do any of you have any good or bad experience with a software program that not only moves the data, but ALSO moves installed programs?

I would like to hear everyones opinions please. What did you use? why did you choose it? Cost is no option!

Thank you all!

Reaction score
I always keep backups of my library folders on an external hdd, so I would just have to restore those after an OS clean install. That way, even if an upgrade/update goes bad, I have that data saved. I know that probably isn't much help.

Reaction score
I don't use any back-up software, I copy all my important pics/docs/films etc to another partition/USB stick/other PC and just copy and paste.

I have tried using back-up software many years ago and it just screwed things up. It will also drag any bugs with it which is the main reason I don't do it!. :mad:

That said, here is a shortlist for you. :D

http://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-pc-backup-software

Ask a Question