Data Recovery Issues

Reaction score
Dear Sir/ Admin's

I have a 2 TB External HDD with data I have 3 partition in it. the first partition (Primary One) is visible but the other two are Showing up as un formatted space.

I used Mini tool data recovery software for data recovery which it did but I am unable to view the recovered files. Mini tool has stamped all the files as "Recovered File XXXXX" all this into a folder called RAW? Please help as the data is very Important.
Thanks Gyanesh

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    717.1 KB · Views: 549
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    712.1 KB · Views: 540
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 534
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    809.4 KB · Views: 503
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    855.8 KB · Views: 508
Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you explain a little more about what happened originally please? Did two of your partitions that contained data suddenly appear as "un-formatted"?

If the data is priceless, I would take the drive out and take it to a data recovery place asap - as any attempts to recover data yourself could render future recovery impossible.

If you're happy to try it yourself then read on ;).

Is this drive currently in a Windows 10 machine? If so, can you please right click the start button and select Disk Management, then post a screenshot of all the information it contains. That should let us know a little more about what is going on - it may just be that the partitions have not been assigned a drive letter.

Reaction score
Can you explain a little more about what happened originally please? Did two of your partitions that contained data suddenly appear as "un-formatted"?

If the data is priceless, I would take the drive out and take it to a data recovery place asap - as any attempts to recover data yourself could render future recovery impossible.

If you're happy to try it yourself then read on ;).

Is this drive currently in a Windows 10 machine? If so, can you please right click the start button and select Disk Management, then post a screenshot of all the information it contains. That should let us know a little more about what is going on - it may just be that the partitions have not been assigned a drive letter.

Rs IAN

Kindly look at the A.jpg photo. The 1.82 Tb external drive is showing 3 partitions J, K, M.
the J partition is opening but the K & M partition is showing as Un-formated space.

Now I as a Wedding Photographer and I carry my laptop to copy data from my 128 G SD Card from my Video Camera and Still Camera. So i transfer it directly to my external HDD.

I tried to recover the data from my external HDD using minitool data recovery software ver. 8 which is a registered copy. it did recover the data as you can see in the photo 2,3,4 & 5.

Now I am unable to view the files recovered by Minitool software. previously about an year back i had the same issue but at that time data was visible.

You suggested that i give it for data recovery professional. Here in INDIA they charge exorbitantly with no guarantee of data recovery. they take the money first then they work on it later and say no recovery. gone through this once in 2010.

No this is on a Windows 7 machine

Can anyone professional out there help me.

Thanks
Gyanesh

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    572.1 KB · Views: 516

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional information Gyanesh. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what else to recommend, as it could make the situation worse.

If that external drive was the same one that failed previously, I wouldn't use it again, after you've recovered the data.

Reaction score
Ian

I had replaced the External Drive after the first failure. thanks anyway fr the replies.
Gyanesh

Ask a Question