Disaster data recovery

Reaction score
Hello Forum;

I had a older HP pavilion computer with a backup external drive (Genie9 backup), and the hard drive "went south."

Now I have a brand new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed on it. The original disk drive had partitions of C:\ and D:\
on it.

How do I partition the NEW computer internal drive, so I can recover those files ? MY important files were on the D partition.

Or is there a way to just copy whatever file as I need them? I dont want to risk trashing the Windows 10 operating system that came pre-installed, so I would like to try to keep the same directory structure if at all possible.

any ideas on how to proceed with this?

Reaction score
If you did a file backup, you should be able to just copy the files as needed. You'll have to install Genie 9 to do that of course. I'm not familiar with the program though, so I can't tell you how it works.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I tried to talk to the GEnie9 people about this, and I got some IDIOT, who gives completely useless information.

Ask a Question