Yesterday was a disaster

Reaction score
I booted the computer at 7AM and I had no task bar. Rebooted. Edge would start and then crash. Rebooted The next problem was the length of time it took to bring up photo files, and to my dismay, my 4 stand alone hard drives stopped showing up. Rebooted Windows 10 had given up. The forth reboot, I could not boot at all. I watched as Dos told me that I had no OS Installed.

After many hours of messing around with my system and trying to remove win 10 I installed Linux Mint 15 in order to break my partitions, then after another hour, reinstalled Win 7 Ultimate.

I have a HP P6733W
Dual ore AMD 16 Gig Ram GForce 720

It all happened with the 1544 Build. I don't suppose that anyone out there has a clue?

I'm happy with Win 7 and will stay with it, and I am recommending my friends do the same.
Just a thought friends

Reaction score
The 1544 build is an insider build is it not? And an out of date one at that from Mid September IIRC. The current insider builds have the same numbers as the 'paid for' build.

Reaction score
Ok Tim, Why Was it downloaded to me as the newest build. Please Explain That! I didn't go with the insider when I reloaded when the real version was released. Took the regular version. Explain that

Reaction score
What build does Winver tell you. Should be Version 1511 build 10586.29 for Windows Home The 'original' public release was build 10.0 .10240

Last edited:
Reaction score
I suppose it doesn't really matter which build it is, the system should not have failed due to Windows 10. It sounds like a drive was failing by the way you describe the situation.

I suppose you no longer have the original Windows 10 install? If it happens again, even in Windows 7, the first thing I would do is disconnect all drives except the boot drive. In some situations, problems with secondary drives can cause system problems.

Ask a Question