"GOD" mode

Reaction score
Some of the older guys might remember this. It has been around at least since windows 7, if not before. There was a lot of excitement when it was uncovered, but, in fact, it is not hidden and is used, I believe, by the MS programmers for easier access to the funcitons.
I is, in fact, an entry way down in the registry.

Make a folder shortcut on the desktop and give it this name:
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

You might find it interesting, - even useful.

Reaction score
And what useful things will this do for me?
Probably nothing. When it was first available in Windows, there were not so many executive commands. To set up/customise you installation, it was necessary to plough through all the Control Panel items - a tedious process of jumping back and for. God mode, then, interested users as all the commands, to use or not, were neatly listed.
As I said, it was only of initial interest, although some may still find it convenient to run an eye down that huge list, for any item they had not tried.

Reaction score
One other thing about God Mode, if using a particular setting more frequently than most users it can be reached quicker than by opening a Control Panel item then wading through the clickable links on each page that opens to get there.
A sample section:
1598275079058.png

Reaction score
Works great. Odd thing - the shortcut on the desktop I created has no title, just blank. I tried renaming it but still just blank title. Weird, although it does open to all the settings pictured above.
image.png

Ask a Question