Got my old Laptop back... and there's problems

Reaction score
Alright to begin with, I got my old laptop back after a while.
-
Problem 1: I lost the PIN to my Admin User but I still got standard Users I can still access from.
Problem 2: No access to Email for Admin and Recovery options aren't helping.
Problem 3: Laptop won't boot properly due to a missing or corrupted system file so I can't reset.
Problem 4: UEFI/BIOS got a new password which I've never set up.
Problem 5: I don't have another PC, as well as the country I live in isn't really supported...

I already got a USB drive with Win10 and another with Win11 but I can't find any other way to boot it up without UEFI/BIOS.
Model: Slim 1-14AST-05 Laptop (ideapad)
OP: Windows 10 Home

Reaction score
1. Might need to boot to a USB Thumb drive and wipe the drive with a clean install. I use Microsoft's MCT/Media Creation Tool process, there's 3rd-party solutions available.
2. Probably need the process in 1.
3. Probably need the process in 1.
4. That is a bigger issue, usually a BIOS can be set for 2 passwords or none. One password is for continuing booting into the Operating System and the other is for even accessing the BIOS. Notebook/Laptop may require disassembly to get to the CMOS battery [on the motherboard] for removal that resets the BIOS to its default or to a jumper, if provided, to reset the BIOS.
5. How did you post this if not having another PC?

Reaction score
1. Might need to boot to a USB Thumb drive and wipe the drive with a clean install. I use Microsoft's MCT/Media Creation Tool process, there's 3rd-party solutions available.
2. Probably need the process in 1.
3. Probably need the process in 1.
4. That is a bigger issue, usually a BIOS can be set for 2 passwords or none. One password is for continuing booting into the Operating System and the other is for even accessing the BIOS. Notebook/Laptop may require disassembly to get to the CMOS battery [on the motherboard] for removal that resets the BIOS to its default or to a jumper, if provided, to reset the BIOS.
5. How did you post this if not having another PC?

Another User in the laptop. The battery solution doesn’t seem to work either… unless I’m missing a step…

Reaction score
With another User in the laptop. But I’ve already tried removing the CMOS battery, but it won’t work…
Does the other User have Administrative Rights, could be used to remove a User with a Standard account.

Did it not work to remove the battery or did do it not reset the BIOS? Usually have leave the battery out for several minutes with no power attached.

Reaction score
The account is just a standard. And ive already repeated the solution many times. But it won’t boot up BIOS after clicking BIOS Setup. It only loads Windows..

Reaction score
got an idea of what I should do?
I got my old laptop back after a while
Where did you get it back from, someone you loaned it to or a shop that repaired it? Whichever, no favors were done for you.

Since you weren't able to reset the BIOS it may not be cost-effective in doing anything more with it. The key thing with the BIOS/Basic Input Output System is any Operating System reads it to know what it has to work with and sets up accordingly.

There is a hidden Administrator account in Windows but need to activate it to make changes to Windows. Check some of these how-to pages but be sure to disable after making changes:

Reaction score

Page 33 shows the coin-cell [battery] for the CMOS that stores the BIOS settings.

1685462899335.png

Ask a Question