folder got all my music renamed

Reaction score
I was making a folder to put my music in called "music" and i renamed it music but then a pop-up opened saying something like are you sure you want to rename music.ssd? and i pressed cancel because i only wanted to rename the folder. there was nothing in the folder yet but all of my music was renamed to "music (random number)" I dont have backups and i need the names of the songs back undo doesnt work i rebooted that did nothing. i cant rename them one by one because i cant remember some and i have hundreds of songs

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Very sorry to hear about your issue, that has to be frustrating.
No idea, based on your explanation, what happened, how it happened or how to reverse it, but......
While the "titles" (file names) may have been changed, the individual files may still have some property values which you may be able to use to help in remembering their correct names.
Right click an individual file and choose properties and select the "Details" tab and see what might be there.

Ask a Question