Ive got an email from myself (hacker) that claims he has trojan in my pc, he sent me my actual password and he is basically blackmailing me xd

Reaction score
is this a scam or a real deal? and if thats the case, what should i do? how do i even find driver based virus

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2022-11-18 094312.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2022-11-18 094312.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 130
Reaction score
is this ai scam or a real deal? and if thats the case, what should i do? how do i even find driver based virus
I think it s
is this a scam or a real deal? and if thats the case, what should i do? how do i even find driver based virus
I think it is a total hoax. He does'nt mention he has your password. IF you have his address, you could be cheeky and ask hime to give you three of you contacts, to verify hi identity - I do not think you will hear anymore.

BUT, we must assume the worst case. For starters, change your password(s) immediately.
Download malwarebytes (free, 9 and run a scan. Even if he is really clever, it will find his trojan and remove it.
FWIW. His english is pretty poor.

PS. Important. Do not make any transactions involving money until you are confident there is no threat!!

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've seen e-mails with this same wording before - they scrape databases of leaked e-mail password combos and will often include a real password in the e-mail to scare you. It's almost certainly a hoax based on "leaked" credentials, however if the password is one you use - there is a problem as it means you will need to secure any place you use it.

Check out this site to see where the data could have been leaked from:

Ask a Question