Graphical Issues in start menu, message center and other windows system menus

Reaction score
I am having issues with my start menu, message center where the tiles are missing and the background is an opaque overlay of whatever is behind it. The text can be seen in the start menu where the tiles are, the icon or color background of it is just missing. Some of my windows menus come up blank as well and missing text. None of these issues show up in third party software or in internet browsers. Issue will sometimes go away after a restart, but will still come back. I also had pretty similar issues with office which was fixed by disabling hardware acceleration, firefox had a similar issue as well. Is there a way to disable hardware acceleration within the windows environment?

Attachments

• Menu Issues.png
    Menu Issues.png
    670 KB · Views: 634
  • Menu Issues 2 (2).png
    Menu Issues 2 (2).png
    942.6 KB · Views: 640
  • menu issues 3.png
    menu issues 3.png
    987.9 KB · Views: 678

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Issue will sometimes go away after a restart, but will still come back.
Depending on your video card (you may want to check and see if there is a possible driver update from the computer manufacturer or the GPU manufacturer), take a look in the associated and proprietary Control Panel for anything referencing "3D" and see if you can deselect, disable or otherwise turn it / them off.
Mine is nVidia, but I'm relatively certain that both Intel and AMD also have something similar.

3D.JPG

Ask a Question