Guys how do I fix the problem of no freakin sound!!! and movies in games HOW???

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Perhaps if you could detail the type of computer (Manufacturer, Model Name, Model Number), the type of sound card you're using Manufacturer, Model Name, Model number, the version of the driver you have installed to support that sound card and the type of output devices employed, Speakers (integrated, or external) headphone / headset and how those are connected to your computer (audio jack(s), USB, HDMI to speakers in monitor, etc)

Reaction score
Hi Kacy,

you could also try Start Menu > Windows System > Control Panel > Sound (click on Speakers if you have it to highlight it) and see what you have there (click on properties to expand!), check the other settings windows.

sound.JPG

sound 2.JPG

Reaction score
I honestly think someone is trolling these forums lately. There are so many posts that do not make any sense. And all of them have 1 post count. I have been in these forums for a couple years. There have never been this many dense people ever. I think we are being trolled.

Reaction score
Hi @ram1220 ,

a lot of people that only want a quick answer often continue looking elsewhere on the web and find an answer to what it was that they were looking for. Give them the benefit of the doubt and remember that not everyone is computer savvy, I have one friend in particular that can barely log in on their own; honest!. :)

Reaction score
I was surprised this forum does not require any sign-up authentication. I got a welcome message after signing up but I see no protection from someone using a bogus (legitimate) email address to just get in, post, and get out.

Personally. I think the admins should turn on that functionality (if they have it) and request a sign-up authentication via email. Even most of the free and/or open source forum softwares offers it and I use it on a few other forums I manage to keep the rift-raft out. It does a decent job; however, right now, I think the bots could have a field day here.

Reaction score
I thought the same thing myself when I first signed up on this forum!. ;)

Reaction score
Perhaps if you could detail the type of computer (Manufacturer, Model Name, Model Number), the type of sound card you're using Manufacturer, Model Name, Model number, the version of the driver you have installed to support that sound card and the type of output devices employed, Speakers (integrated, or external) headphone / headset and how those are connected to your computer (audio jack(s), USB, HDMI to speakers in monitor, etc)

:
I am using Lenovo Ieapad 100-15Ibd,4gb RAM,Intel (R) core (TM) i5-5200 CPu @2.20GHz,64bit and I am running windows 10 1607

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I am running windows 10 1607
Not sure if it might help, but.....
I think I would probably
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Go there and download the 1703 ISO and then double click that to mount it and run setup.exe from the virtual drive it creates to perform and in-place upgrade to the latest Windows 10 version.
Failing that I would probably go here
http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/100-series/100-15ibd/downloads
Click the "Show More" link near the bottom of the page and see what they had for an audio driver for Windows 10 and while there I might also consider a BIOS (if needed), Chipset, Storage Controller, etc.., update

Also can you confirm that you actually have no audio at all from any source.....
Windows System Sounds
A music CD or mp3 audio file you may have
Coming from your system speakers or from a headset (if available).

Reaction score
Not sure if it might help, but.....
I think I would probably
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Go there and download the 1703 ISO and then double click that to mount it and run setup.exe from the virtual drive it creates to perform and in-place upgrade to the latest Windows 10 version.
Failing that I would probably go here
http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/100-series/100-15ibd/downloads
Click the "Show More" link near the bottom of the page and see what they had for an audio driver for Windows 10 and while there I might also consider a BIOS (if needed), Chipset, Storage Controller, etc.., update

Also can you confirm that you actually have no audio at all from any source.....
Windows System Sounds
A music CD or mp3 audio file you may have
Coming from your system speakers or from a headset (if available).
No the is sound in mp3, CD and sound does come out of the speakers and headsets

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So.....
Ignore everything in my previous post, because obviously your problem is not with your sound card driver or it's configuration with respect to the actual operating system.

Can you explain then..... in a bit more detail.... when, where and doing what....... you don't have sound???

Reaction score
So.....
Ignore everything in my previous post, because obviously your problem is not with your sound card driver or it's configuration with respect to the actual operating system.

Can you explain then..... in a bit more detail.... when, where and doing what....... you don't have sound???
When the scenes/movies of games appear

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry.... you're out of luck with me. I very rarely even play solitaire anymore, but....
I think we have some gamers in the forum.
Perhaps if you mentioned some specific games in particular where the problem was present they may have some suggestions, maybe addressing one or two specific games will fix the problem globally.

Ask a Question