Also need some help here guys

Reaction score
My windows 10 has several problems: search bar not working/edge not working/can't login with microsoft account->therefore can't use xbox option to play with friends. Made a new account to logon to and this problems didn't seem to exist. However, using that account will make me lose my access to all installed programs/documents/whatever. What do I do ^^?. Cant find a fix for all the problems on the account on google

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Generally speaking most programs are installed globally for all computer users unless during the install you chose "only me" as part of the setup.
IF you do not see them in the All Apps menu in the new user account, you can probably find the executable for the program in C:\ Programs Files or C:\Program Files (x86) and pin it to start.
You should also be able to copy (not move) the contents of your profile folders (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc., etc. from you old account profile into your new account profile.
C:\Users\OldAccountName and C:\Users\NewAccountName
Sometimes it helps to use a third admin user account to perform this task. Generally I will enable the hidden Admin account just for such a purpose and then disable it again afterwards.
Right click the start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type
net user administrator /active:yes (to enable)
hit enter
type exit
log off and log on as administrator (password is blank by default)
Afterwards go back to the admin command prompt and type
net user administrator /active:no (to disable)
hit enter
type exit

Ask a Question