Hardware loss after driver updates

Reaction score
Following a notification that I had a number of drivers which were 'very old' I updated them.

As a result I have lost the following hardware, which are not detected as being installed:

1. The battery --- there is no battery power
2. Sound ---- there are no audio devices
3. The webcams --- no camera or video devices are detected

What must I do to get them back?

Windows 10 with November update, 2-in-1 Tablet

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Following a notification that I had a number of drivers which were 'very old' I updated them.
I'm wondering what produced that "notification"?
I think, if everything was working fine before "I updated them"......
I'd probably try a system restore point to an earlier point in time before I performed said updates.

Reaction score
Hello

I have largely solved the problem.

I intended to keep restore in reserve in case other things did not work, because I had been notified by IOBIT Drivers Booster that nearly 30 drivers were 'very out of date' (I know many date from 2006) and did not want to rewind them all. I am not hopeful about getting a response from the computer manufacturer, either.

So I concentrated on identifying the 3 which were for the battery, audio and webcam and to my surprise succeeded though it took quite a long session of trial and error (for example nothing is labelled 'battery'). Rolling them back with Device Manager worked, except for the the webcam which was only partly successful, ie. only one of the two cameras is working. The Store apps I have for the cameras have packed up as has Microsoft's Camera, and I cannot do anything about it because I am one of the users who have lost the Store and many apps since the November update.

I find it odd that there appears to be no way to activate the camera(s) without an app, unlike a normal camera with a shutter button. and I have not found a suitable third-party webcam app for W10 yet.

Of course IOBIT Driver Booster has a feature to backup drivers before removal but (a) I did not find it until after the event (b) it is not available for the free version I am using. It will be interesting to see how they respond to my email asking for help, it is the first time I have used IOBIT software.

Reaction score
Restore is the very first thing I would do. If it works good if not o well.

Reaction score
The webcam is: Intel(R) AVStream Camera, Sensor OV2722 (X2). In Device Manager I get reports "Device not Migrated" and "Device DISPLAY\INT0F38\4&35aa7537&0&UID134968 requires further installation." If it is relevant, what is this 'further installation'?

Are there in fact two cameras, both OV27222 ---- one front and one rear, with different display specs, or is there just one camera serving both front and rear? Looking at Device Manager I see "Device DISPLAY\INT0F38\4&35aa7537&0&UID134968 requires further installation." I presume this only relates to the non-functioning rear camera? What is the "further installation"?

I have found a good third-party app to manage the camera(s). It clearly reports the rear camera as not available (and suggests it may be being used by another app, which is not so).

As both cameras were working OK before the driver update I expected rolling back to reinstate the status quo.

SL32G File C:\WINDOWS\system32\cilkrts20_32.dll File C:\WINDOWS\system32\libia_cp.dll File C:\WINDOWS\system32\pvl.dll File C:\WINDOWS\system32\libjpegencoder.dll File C:\WINDOWS\system32\IntelSocYuvCopy.dll File C:\WINDOWS\system32\IntelCameraPlugin.dll File C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mute.bmp File C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\isp_firmware.bin File C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\iacamera32.sys Version 20.10154.5745.778 Date 9-15-2015 Driver Location Intel HD Graphics Vendor Intel Device Name Intel AVStream Camera Device Kind Camera/scannerIntel(R) AVStream Camera

Ask a Question