SOLVED Having problem with Google Chrome in windows 10

Reaction score
In all version of windows the google chrome was working fine. Yesterday, i installed windows 10 Enterprise, everything is working fine, the Microsoft edge browser is working fine but the Google chrome is not working, i have attached the screenshots of the problem i am facing. whenever i open the page i see a lot of codes which can't let me do my work in the google chrome browser. Help me what to do ? And also its windows problem or google chrome problem?
thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_130.png
    Screenshot_130.png
    188.8 KB · Views: 855
  • Screenshot_131.png
    Screenshot_131.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 891
Last edited:

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
I don't use CHROME but my friend does and it looks like a chrome problem never seen pk on end of .com
Where did you download chrome from.
Uninstall it and then reinstall it again from their site

Reaction score
i had installed chrome from google.com. A direct link to google chrome. its upto date and it has the latest version.
i uninstalled it and installed it again, but the problem is still ...........

Attachments

• Screenshot_132.png
    Screenshot_132.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 874
Reaction score
In all version of windows the google chrome was working fine. Yesterday, i installed windows 10 Enterprise, everything is working fine, the Microsoft edge browser is working fine but the Google chrome is not working, i have attached the screenshots of the problem i am facing. whenever i open the page i see a lot of codes which can't let me do my work in the google chrome browser. Help me what to do ? And also its windows problem or google chrome problem?
thanks

Try this. No guarantees...............

If you have a Chrome desktop shortcut, right click at it > click Open file location >
If you don't have a shortcut on desktop, go to C: drive > open it > select Program Files ( or Program Files x86 if you are running a 64-bit computer ) >
you should see a folder with Chrome logo on it >
open it > right click at Chrome.exe > click Rename > change the name to Chrome.exe.exe.
(yes, just add another .exe to the name ) >
Exit window.

Go to Default Programs and set Google Chrome as your default browser.

Reaction score
Davidhk129# THanks but the problem is still present............. the chrome is working but i just see the unwanted codes on the top of every sites using chrome. which is annoying

Reaction score
Was Chrome working before you used my suggestion or after ?

Not sure how to get rid of those unwanted codes.
How about running a system file check ?
In case you are not sure how to do that .......................
Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > select Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.....
sfc /scannow
> press Enter.

It will take quite sometime. When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports : (paraphrasing )

1. No integrity violation.
2. Found corrupt files and repair successfully.
3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If report is #1. Your solution lies elsewhere.
IF report is #2, go see if everything is now working ok.
If report is #3, please do the following........

Right click at Start button > select Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this ( use copy and paste to avoid typo ) .............

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.

Again, it will take some time. When finished it will give you a report.
If it says operation successful, go see if everything is now working ok.

Reaction score
#Davidhk129, I tried the first one, and it just gave me the option that corrupts files were found but couldn't repair.
then i tried the these commands dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
and it gave me this result see the screenshot even though i have internet connection working fine

Attachments

• Screenshot_133.png
    Screenshot_133.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 755
Reaction score
Just an suggestion ...............
Go to your Programs and Features > left side, click View Installed Updates > scroll to find if you have KB3022345.
Go through the list slowly so you won't miss it.
If you do have it > right click at it > click uninstall.
Exit window.

Run sfc /scannow again.

Last edited:

Ask a Question