Headphones not working

Reaction score
I have my monitor hooked up through HDMI from computer. My monitor has an audio output and I plug speakers into that and it works. When I plug in headphones to the back of the computer (not the monitor) I use the pink connector into the microphone, the green into the audio port and the USB into a USB port and no sound comes out. When I go into the Audio control panel you can see the meter bouncing up and down on the headphones as if audio is going there but nothing comes out of the headphones. These are brand new headphones.

Reaction score
Have you been into settings -> system-> sound and played around in there. It is not the most intuitive part of settings but everything is in there.

Reaction score
I have. I have selected headphones and set it as default. I can even see the meter bouncing as if sound is playing in that selection but no sound comes out.

DO you think if I order a USB only headset that would work better as in no green or pink 3.5 jack?

Ask a Question