Help! Microsoft Edge(windows 10) And My Internet Are Not Good Friends, Again!

Reaction score
Its almost been a year since I bought my Laptop and I remember the first 5 months of having an issue where my internet could connect to other browsers(Chrome,Firefox,you name It.) except MICROSOFT EDGE.Thankfully, I solved that problem in a jiffy by searching the forums on this website.I changed the DNS server from automatic to Preferred DNS: 8.8.8.8, Alternate DNS: 8.8.8.3 and that solved the case.

But unfortunately, the problem reoccurred again today.I was like maybe the DNS server changed automatically, that was not the case.I've done everything you can imagine.Flushing DNS, resetting Network connections, changing to other DNS servers,uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Edge, cmd-ing or Run-ing,etc.In general, I've searched every nooks and crannies on the internet relating to the internet and darn Microsoft Edge.I can't even connect to Skype and Windows store and most of all, my online game called League of Legends(A.K.A LOL, you should really check that out.) which associates with Microsoft edge and Internet Explorer in some way.I assure you that there is nothing wrong wit my internet because I searched so much about It that If you gave me a pop quiz relating to the internet, I would A+ that crap. By the time you read all the way to here, you probably assume that I'm not that good with computer configuration stuffs, and your assumptions are right.Honestly, I think I am going to be a technical supporter myself by searching too much.Please help my poor soul :'(.

P.S. I joined the forum society just to post this thread.Yes, I am that desperate right now.
P.P.S. Please my mind my language,I've just become really frustrated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also have this issue. Started after build 14986. However, IE, Chrome, and all other browsers I have tried worked EXCEPT Edge. I can live without Edge, but would like to be able to use it once in a while. I don't like having things not work. I do not like fussing around in some of the more basic computer registries, domains, DNS settings if I can help it if most things do work. My real question is WHY it happened in the first place and what is being done about restoring the connection from Microsoft's end?

Ask a Question